[SUCCESS] E7250 - DSDT issues - Bluetooth and Display

Banstro

Hi Jake,

Since last 2 weeks I have been trying to install High Sierra (and then Mojave) on my E7250. I replaced the Intel Wifi with a DW1560 and can confirm both the wifi and bluetooth are working.. when the config is right. I tried using the various bootpacks (for E7250 and E7450) and personalized/patched DSDT files. If one patched DSDT would enable Bluetooth it would cripple the LCD by turning it blank constantly and I would have to keep pressing Fn F12. If Bluetooth fails to work the Lcd works but the Fn11/Fn12 would fail to work. The LCD is 1366 x 768 WSGA.. the very low end. In BIOS it says it has just 64MB video memory.

I tried to learn and get the DSDT patched but I wasn't able to clean properly. So when I try to save the dal file as aml after editing it won't save as the last error of end-of-file was not fixed. It keeps directing to the Scope (_GPE) line and I have no idea how to fix it as there is not much reference for that line online.

I have attached my origin folder from Clover. I would like to install Mojave straight. if possible instead of going the High Sierra upgrade to Mojave route. I would highly appreciate if you could assist in patching this. Also, if you could please provide a matching config.plist file and the kexts required along with the patched DSDT.

Thank you.

origin-banstro.zip

Thank you Jake! This worked perfectly with Mojave. You really need to make a video on the patching process. It will help educate many of us. You can use my origin files for demo. 

Also, I am looking for a new laptop Hackintosh. Most likely a 15 inch. Are the latest Dell XPS 15 good candidate. Looking for the best possible hardware with the best macOS compatibility. Do you have any recommendations on this?

On 10/31/2018 at 3:13 PM, Jake Lo said:

Here, replaced into /EFI/Clover

E7250_Mojave.zip

Hi Jake,

Just did a fresh install of Mojave 10.4.1 .. the latest release and it broke my bluetooth. Could you please see whats causing this. I can't find bluetooth in System Preferences.

Edit: Its working now. Forgot to execute the repair permissions script.

Hi Jake,

I was looking at the boot times for the e7250. Mine takes a good 90 to 100 secs to boot from the time its starts to boot from the clover hdd option menu to the desktop. I do see the hdd light blinking rapidly during the process, so I know its executing something in the back.

Is this normal? Could it be coz its an older processor?