E5250 Mojave Installation Need help

josephavr

I couldn't find any guide for e5250 so i used internet install guide but i got some problems (rn using win10 ill do dualboot till i get a wifi card or usb dongle)

I got problem about touchpad,gestures, keyboard , and sound

i tried VoodooPS2(Keyboard works no touchpad)

i also tried (appleps2 touchpad works no gestures but some keys doesnt work on keyboard and for activating caps you have to press it three times or more)

And when i tried dr.hurts latest alps kext i got a kernel panic 

I dont have an idead about dsdt ssdt

Is there a bootpack for e5250 or can someone helpme with installation ? 

Will touchpad gestures and dr.hurts kexts work with highsierra ?

System

Dell Latitude E5250 
BIOS A19
MOTHERBOARD 00NTCJ
CPU: i5 5300U
GPU: Intel HD5500
Chipset: Intel Wildcat Point-LP, Intel Broadwell
Ram: 4gb 1slot
Touchpad: Dell Touchpad(Alps but idk version)
Audio: Realtek ALC293 @ Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH
Wifi: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265(Will replace with dw1560 or 1820a)
Ethernet: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (3) I218-LM
USB2 Controller: Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Host Controller [F-0]
USB3 Controller: Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH - USB 3.0 xHCI Host Controller [F-0]

For me, ApplePS2Controller.kext actually works best of all mentioned ones. Your system will treat your touchpad as a mouse, so you would not be able to use gestures, but cursor movement is fast and smooth. Keyboard works flawlessly except mentioned caps issue.If you just remember that you need to press caps once to turn caps on, but 3 times to turn it off, you can easily live with this one.

Original VoodooPS2 can be used (with a little plist tweak), but your touchpad will be treated as mouse, same as with ApplePS2Controler. It's much better to use first one in my opinion.

You can use  R6Bronxteck version of ALPS touchpad driver on HS. Gestures will work (or at least some of them), but cursor movement is almost two times slower than with ApplePS2Controler. PrintScr and Insert keys will be dead. If you need insert key for any reason, avoid this one. There is also an issue with caps lock led (at least on my system). Once led is turned on, it will never be turned off until you reboot.

For help related to DSDT patching, you need to post your origin folder.

On Clover GUI screen press F4. Boot to OSX and compress and attach the origin folder from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin

Since you have working Windows you might even mount EFI partition from there and comperes and post your origin if you can't use OSX to do that.

Is there a bootpack for e5250 ? im using rehabmans config.plist and there is lots of thing that i dont need like nvidia amd patches and can someone help me with apple alc ? my codec is ALC293 but it doesnt work i installed latest AppleAlc and Lilu and set the layout 11

40 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

Give this a try, replace into /EFI/Clover

Kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/CopyToLE goes into /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

Exx50_Mojave.zip

Thanks for the file

everything works good but sometimes capslock key is not working is there a way for enabling gestures ?

Edit dont know why but when i press f8 system freezes i dont know why it was doing this before your kexts  too

• Moderators

Tap twice to enable capLock and twice to release. There's no updated kext (ApplePS2Controller) to fix this issue started since Sierra if I remembered it right.

No gesture with the kext I attached. Only basic 2 fingers scrolling, tap to drag and release. 

Your Alps touchpad is. v7 I believe and no support for it. If you're a developer, I invite you to update it. See here for more info

F8 is for toggling screen I believe, might be different on your keyboard. But if yes, it's not going to work like Windows. Use Karabiner-Elements app to reset the keys.

See example here

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8514-dell-latitude-e7450-clover-uefi-only/?do=findComment&comment=64817

Tap twice to enable capLock and twice to release. 

There is nothing wrong with "just press Caps Lock two times instead of once" approach. I used it myself in the beginning.

Later I came to conclusion that it's probably better to use "press caps once to turn it on, but 3 times to turn it off" instead. As you know, when you press Caps Lock first time case is changed and LED is lit, and that is expected behavior. Problem occurs when you try to turn it off. To accomplish expected behavior (both caps and LED turned off) you need to press that key 3 times. With this approach I have "working" Caps Lock including "proper" LED. :)

On 11/2/2018 at 3:01 PM, Jake Lo said:

Give this a try, replace into /EFI/Clover

Kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/CopyToLE goes into /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

Exx50_Mojave.zip

This bootpack is perfect. Just did a fresh install on my E5250 and is so far this is the only bootpack where everything has worked, without any other tweaks!