E6540 Mojave issues

bbeetle

Hi all ,

Thank you for your work and discussion here. I learned from them and get my e6540 worked. Really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Still, there are some issues which I cannot find the solution:

1. USB 3.0 not work. I'm' still learning the usbinjectall and some other mechanic. 2.0s work OK. All 3.0s work as 2.0 at a speed of 480.

2. Power button invalid during power on, which means I cannot use the power button to do anything is Mojave. And, closing the lid can put my e6540 to sleep, but opening cannot wake. Power button wakening is OK.

3. Seems old alc292 problem in some threads here:  I'm using applealc.kext to drive alc292. Speaker and internal mic(i cannot identify it's dock mic or internal mic) work OK, but there's great static noise in headset. Sleep and wakeup can solve that. I'm looking for the reason and learning about the alcplugfix.

4. There's about 30% possibility that after rebooting Mojave will go into sleep before showing the login screen. 

5. Bluetooth can show devices, but cannot connect(Disconnect immediately after connected). I guess the reason is about the USB debugging, and I sometimes met bcm20** timeout during boot. Is that right?

I am looking forward to your help!

Thank you very much!

clove attached with original and patched dsdt.

CLOVER.zip

Hi Jake, 

Thank you for your reply. I know my clover is a mess. I tried to clean and always stuck at acpi 9... during boot( i forget the accurate info). So I decided to complete the driver work before cleaning. Your fix works just as fine as my mess edition. Thank you for your help.

While all the issued I posted were still there. Will there be any mature solutions?Or any guides?  

Besides, I still have some more issues...

1. I tried to patch dsdt using your method forums/topic/10375-how-to-fix-recent-dsdt-common-error-caused-by-iasl-bug/?tab=comments#comment-77168 with MaciASL with ACPI 6.2a. Patching and compiling was OK. But after saving and quitting MaciASL, I found that the patch wasn't save, which means after I reopened the dsdt.aml,  the three errors were still there. The file couldn'd be saved.

2. The touchpad cannot perform with zoom feature. The sensitivity is not so as in windows although I already set finger-z to 1 which means the most sensitive. And disabling tap to click feature is ineffective after I closing the feature in system preferences(The disabling is effective just after the unchecking tap to click, but just after minutes you would tap as click again

And one more question: what does the folder kext/other/LE or kext/other/CopyToLe mean? Does it mean that I should install the kexts in LE or CopytoLE to /LE of the mac system?

Thank you very much!

Hi Jake,

Here's the progress:

1.  I copyed kexts in "copy to LE" folder. Sound works just fine! 

2.  For optical hdd bay issue, I replace your ahciportinjector with my original "Appleahciport.kext with clover patch" setup, for it can show the eject icon in finder and  work with the drivebay hot swap design.

3.  There's a new "remote disc" item in finder. Where does it from?

Thank you very much!

Update:There's a new problem with the USB 3.0 debug. I tried to fix the usb port with usbinjectall.kext, but it seem that some usb ports cannot be shown in ioreg. Is it possible that there's something wrong with the dsdt? Attached is my ioreg file, docking on a pro2x with 3*usb 2.0 and 2*usb3.0.

MacBook Pro.ioreg

To Jack Lo:

Running  Mojave 10.14.1. Update USBInjectAll.kext to version 0.7.0. Two USB 3.0 ports of my E6330 are all detected. Generated USBPorts.kext, put it into the Clover folder and removed  USBInjectAll.kext as described in the FB-Patcher process of the  insanelymac.com site. Reboot. Everything is OK. Thank a lot for this info. My question is : is the AppleUSBXHCIPCI patch still needed? Can I disable it in the config.plist.

Please help!

I tried to fixed the usb ports. But got panic. I didn't remember that I tweaked anything except usb related. 

And it seems that during usbinjectall , all ports work fine. But  when I  replace usbinjectall with the exported driver, all ports seems cannot work in 3.0 mode. All 3.0 devices at 480 speed. So I tried to patch "xhci to xhc". Is it the cause to the panic?

IMG_20181106_205030.jpg