E6540 Mojave issues

bbeetle

All usb 3.0 work,including the five ports on the docking station! Intel FB-Patcher v1.6.0 seenm buggy with showing the active usb 3.0 ports, so I just used IORegistry instead and used IFBP for the export job. And in the recent dozens time of reboot, there were no "boot to sleep” case.  The computer can be productive now. Thank you very much!

There're still some issues, 

1. Power button invalid in the system. To wake up the system can only by pressing the power button but not with the keyboard or touchpad. And sometimes, the computer seems wake up itself from sleep without command. Seems acpi problem? My hibernate value is 3.

2. Bluetooth can pair, but never connect. My wifi+bluetooth is dw1550. 

3. The audio port on the dock is invalid, which means the audio output is still through the speakes but not headset when I plug headset in the dock. I think the dock is just using the alc292 in the computer? 

• Moderators

Should post your files so others could benefits as well.

1) Unlike on a desktop where you wake system with touch of keyboard or movement of mouse, laptops' behavior is normal to wake by pressing power button.

Does it sleep and wake by closing and opening lid cover without pressing the power button?

2) check if there's new bluetooth patches for Mojave

3) yes, audio kexts are usually patched by itself and almost never with a dock connected so those ports were never put into consideration. Sometimes you're lucky to find a kext that will have that working.

Ok, I'll do some search and research later, check if I can customize an alc292 kext for dock. For the power button, it seems that I cannot use the power button in the system, which means I cannot push the power button to put the computer to sleep. And, opening the lid cannot wake the system up, but still power off. Closing the lid can put the system to sleep.

Attached is my current clover. Seems working well except for the issues unsolved above. I'll update it in this thread when I get improvement.

CLOVER_e6540_20181107.zip