[SOLVED] E7450 - High Sierra - Security update

nenain

Hi everyone,

My laptop E7450 run OSX HighSierra very Well, thank to Jake Lo and his awesome and very usefull guide.

But recently I had a security update from apple and I don't know how to handle it !

I have downloaded the update et restarted my computer, but after that I had a new icon on the Clover launcher "Install OSX from SSD".

I didn't launch OSX with that but just as usually and so I'm not sure about what to do, because OSX continues to propose to me the same update and I'm a little bit afraid to do a bad manipulation...

If you could give me some advices, I'll be very thankfull!

Hi,

I had the same update and I noticed, as yours, a first reboot without success but a second one with everything that has gone ok.

I think that the security update can be related to command line tools. In order to prevent any accident, keep a bootable USB drive with you (i.e. the installer macOS should be fine, with updated clover and EFI folder). You should not encounter problems.

Keep us updated!

Regards,

Marco

Thanks for yours answers !

I did as Jake said and it worked fine, although I was anxious during the long black screen :D

Just a remark, after the update was finished and the system restarted, I needed to restart a second time because my cursor disappeared when an application was launched. Now all is fine ! :)