HS 10.13.6 upgrade to mojave assistance (e7450 with discreet nvidia)

roniez

Whatever you do, be sure that you are using latest Clover and kext files. ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi from older Clover versions will not load APFS drivers from 10.14.1 and you will not be able to boot, since conversion to APFS can not be avoided anymore.

If you want smooth update, always update clover and kexts in advance and be sure that everything works. After that update should be painless.

I attached my config with modified serials and latest kexts. If you want to try this, you have to replace complete ACPI/patched folder since I am using "hot patch" ACPI and yours is "static".

Since you have DW1560 I added two kexts that I am not using AirportBrcmFixup.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.

Do not add FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, Shiki.kext nor IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext. 

I hope I didn't missed anything.

btw. you can safely update your BIOS to A20.

E7450 with NV.zip

Edit: if you have model without NV, just remove SSDT-DDGPU.aml from ACPI/patched folder. That's all.

@viking1304 Thx for the assistane. 

I ended up making a new USB installer with movaje on it and used your attached file (with NV) and installed just fine and runs super smooth, have yet to test everything as i will be redoing this installation on a larger SSD that will dualboot windows later on.

(will actually attempt to use clonezilla to move this installation to the larger SSD) 

i have yet to update BIOS to A20.

Edit1: 

Been running it for a bit now and i am suspecting something is off.

The laptop feels like it's running with the Nivida GPU or something because its using a alot of power or cpu states and computer gets warm to the touch.

Edit2: attached ioreg output.

roniez’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

15 minutes ago, Hervé said:

@roniez, nope, you're mistaken. Your IOReg clearly shows you run on HD5500 iGPU with no signs of an nVidia dGPU. It's fair to say it's either disabled or not present at all. 🙂

HD5500_iGPU.png

--> Check your CPU power management settings.

You are absolutly right, had a complete brainfart and have not done my ssdtPRGen... apologies.

will see if doing that ssdtPRGen will change some things for me.