HS 10.13.6 upgrade to mojave assistance (e7450 with discreet nvidia)

roniez

You can easily modify VRAM size from your config. Just change or remove framebuffer-unifiedmem in Devices Properties section as it suites you. For example "000000a0" will give you 2560MB. If you remove it completely you will get default of 1536MB.

I haven't properly tested headphone jack on macOS, since I am using BT headphones. If I remember correctly when you plug the cable in Windows, there is a popup to choose type of headphones and there you need to select headphones with microphone to make that work. Headphones without microphone is the default option.

• Administrators

No, there would not really be any benefits to increase vram artifically but feel free to apply the patch if you deem it necessary. Personally, I've never seen or felt any difference with or without such increase.

4 hours ago, viking1304 said:

You can easily modify VRAM size from your config. Just change or remove framebuffer-unifiedmem in Devices Properties section as it suites you. For example "000000a0" will give you 2560MB. If you remove it completely you will get default of 1536MB.

I haven't properly tested headphone jack on macOS, since I am using BT headphones. If I remember correctly when you plug the cable in Windows, there is a popup to choose type of headphones and there you need to select headphones with microphone to make that work. Headphones without microphone is the default option.

i noticed that the AppleALC has a bug for the E7450.

Layout 28 and Layout 29 has the same integer in the LayoutID section

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/blob/master/Resources/ALC293/layout29.xml

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/blob/master/Resources/ALC293/layout28.xml

And thanks Jake i will as you posted.

Also this "System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio" dont exist on my systeminfo

see attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 16.16.59.png