Asus r510vx-dm049d

horvjoe

Hello,

First of all... I am absolutely beginner with osx. In the last two weeks I have read many many things how to install and make boot usb and so. Finally I can make an usb boot disk and can make a bootable install with HighSierra. After this - to work my components to work, and witch kext to put in or not is above my knowledge today. In my colleges and between my friends nobody can help. 

Now: I made a fresh install of Osx HighSierra - 10.13.6.

There is no component which was recognized. :(

I made a system report with aida. I attach it.

In the next post I attach my efi folder...

Report.zip

Try the bootpack from this post

My Acer have almost the same specs as yours.

For Wifi you have to replace the card because your Realtek PCI-E Wifi is not supported by macOS:  Inventory of supported and unsupported wireless cards

Also I saw you have only single 8 GB ram so you need to add these lines to your config.plist\SMBIOS after Manufacturer\Apple Inc.:

Please modify the Size/Frequency for your specification:

<key>Memory</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Channels</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>Modules</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>2133</integer>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>8192</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>SlotCount</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
		</dict>

Szia! 

Kellemes meglepetés. (a fórumon sajnos nem írhatok magyarul mert akkor más nem fogja megérteni)

Yes I meant that zip, download and replace CLOVER folder on your USB's EFI

Also add the single ram fix mentioned above to the downloaded config.plist

I have installed OsX to an built in harddrive. After install I take it out put to an rack and connected to an usb (and put my original ssd into the slot again). It was booting fine. I made the plist change - worked. I put the Clover and Boot folder and got the result on the pic. I dont know it was an usb3 or not but I will check it. I think disabling the kext has bigger chance to give the soulution. I will give a try and write what happend.