E7450 macOS 10.14.1: battery and wake issue

acquarius.13

Hi guys!

While waiting for an updated Mojave installation guide, I've tried by my own installing macOS 10.14 (then upgraded to 10.14.1) just using the Mac App store on a cloned external SSD, in order to preserve my main internal SSD.

I successful installed both 10.14 (from 10.13.6) and 10.14.1, with a good overall performance, but I'm experiencing some issues:

1. even after executing hibernation prevention in Terminal and repairing permissions, I can put laptop to sleep but it hangs when waking (rainbow pointer rotating disc, anything stuck)

2. Battery is not updating at all, even when I plug the AC in.

3. Clover entries are yellow boxes with black stripes (not so bad because clover actually works)

For the first two issues I suppose it is a DSDT problem, but I cannot solve it by myself.

Here you will find the debug zip file (I would like not to waste all my account storage, so please don't be annoyed by this link).

Thank you so much for your support!

Marco

• Moderators

1) USB drive is not powering up, should work if drive is internal

2) add to boot arg abm_firstpolldelay=16000

3) Latitude theme lacked the icons for Mojave, replace theme in config file. you can find new ones in my generic EFI folder

Hi @Jake Lo and everybody else!

I tried your suggest (removed internal Crucial 512GB and placed Toshiba 256GB as internal) and it actually works! So I will perform the update of the main Crucial SSD as soon as possible.

I will also try to add again the boot arg abm_firstpolldelay=16000 since it didn't work for me and I will let you know about battery.

When placing the external SSD as internal I noticed out that icons in Latitude clover theme were correctly loaded also for Mojave. So I don't have to change anything.

Thanks a lot for your great support! I appreciate it!

Hi everybody!

I successfully installed macOS 10.14.1 Mojave on my primary internal SSD. Everything is running smoothly but I'm still encountering battery percentage issue.

I also noticed (even in System Profiler) that battery count cycle is 0: is that because I use virtualSMC + SMCBattery kexts?

Should I switch to FakeSMC and ACPIBatteryManager?

Thank you in advance

Marco

Install VoodooPS2Controller-R6Bronxteck.kext.zip and find your ALPS version with

log show | grep ALPS

You will have much better idea what to do then.

If you have v7 or newer you will probably need to use ApplePS2Controller.kext, since VoodooPS2Controller can't properly handle them. Cursor movement is jumpy and sluggish. Gestures are mixed and not working as expected.

ApplePS2Controller works much better with v7 then VoodooPS2Controller. Cursor movement is much faster with this one. Scrolling with two fingers works fine, but it's slightly jumpy. This can be a lot smoother if you install MOS.

Based on comments, older ALPS versions should work very good with VoodooPS2Controller, including gestures. Jake should have much better overview, since he have few different Dell laptops with different touch pads.