Need help installing for a Dell Inspiron 1525

Guest OMAR

Need some help installing for the Dell Inspiron 1525

I created a bootable Lion USB stick

After many wasted hours, I've found out that I need specific kext's and one or 2 other things

I paid a friend to upgrade to Lion

But now, I don't have the use of his mac - all I have is the Lion USB stick

(I also have the original Snow Leopard installation retail disc pack - but I don't think it's of any use to me without a Mac!)

I borrowed a Snow Leopard laptop from someone else and tried to edit the USB stick

All I could see was just one single file

I don't have use of this laptop either any more now though

QUESTION: is it possible for me to edit the Lion USB stick using a PC?

I've seen one program (I forget what it's called) that allows you to edit mac files/drives

Will that help me?

But... should I even follow this route??

Or... instead... should I just download the USB stick image?

Let's say I do this... how can I know if I'm not wasting my time again!!

Is there anyone else that can confirm my Dell Inspiron 1525 is OK for Hackintosh?

(I've seen in other websites that it is compatible)

Thanks in advance

Omar

https://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/home/hackintosh/how-to-install-snow-leopard-10-6-8-on-dell-inspiron-1525

this guide doesn't require another mac.

sounds to me you just need something to boot your inspiron, then install lion.

or install chameleon to your lion stick so it can boot your computer.

personally just go get a copy of snow leopard and install that, then upgrade with your stick.

you only have to remove a few kexts when upgrading and you always have a repair disk if you need it.

and the next time you get your system running first thing you want top do is run timemachine, it's a lot easier getting these damn things working when you have a backup.

ok i just reread your post...

you have snow leopard, just google leppy400 burn his iso and get your machine running 10.6.

then run edp 1.9 (READ!!! the descriptions of the earlier latitudes and find the one with specs closest to your inspiron) run that one (should get you most things working.

try to understand your inspiron ISN"T a mac, it's gonna be a pain, it's gonna take hours and maybe days and possibly weeks to get everything working, and still there might be one or 2 things not quite mac like (like no shit, huh, it's not a mac).

anyway, first get snow working, then consider lion, not the other way around.

thanks for the replies guys

chasmataz: just read your reply - didn't realise u had replied, i would have replied earlier

i googled for "leppy400 iso" and it doesn't come up with anything

can u give me a link?

thanks