Latitude E5550 High Sierra

tazmanian

Hi everybody,

I have installed High SIerra on a Dell Latitude E5550. The most thinks i got working but there are still some things that don't:

- The sound does not work, I have added the "VoodooHDA v2.8.6" with Multi beast but it still does not work.

- I do not get the keyboard and mouse working either. I added "VooDooPS2Controller-R6Bronxreck" to the internet but no difference.

- Is it also possible to view the battery level?

- It is also not possible to put the PC into sleep mode. can this also be fixed?

- And finally I had read that the built-in Wi-Fi from Intel will never work, and this can only be solved by an external USB wifi dongle. Which type is best supported?

I have already searched all sorts of things on the internet but I have very little knowledge of mac, and certainly a hackintosh.

So I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Michael

• Moderators

Post your system's spec whenever you request for help. Best to add it to your signature file, that way no time is wasted going back and forth for more details.

Read your Agreement, don't post TonyMax stuff here. If you want to use Tony stuff, then post your question there.

Post your debug file so we have an idea what's going on.

Hi,

I should have read the rules first, sorry. 

The specs of my hackintosh are:

Dell Latitude E5550 

Intel Core I5, 2.3 GHz

8 GB DDR3

Bios A06

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Intel HD Graphics

Realtek ALC3235 audio

Hackintosh High Sierra 

Normaly i added them in my signature also.

In attachment you will also find the debug file.

debug_17976.zip

• Moderators

You forgot to mention it has discrete graphics as well. 

Your system is not Kabylake, not sure why you have MBP 15,2 as SMBIOS.

So you have no graphics acceleration.

Remove these from /S/L/E

• FakeSMC
  • AppleIntelE1000
  • VoodooHDA
  • realtechALC
  • AppleHDA
  • AppleIGB

Replace the bootpack from here , goes into /EFI/Clover

Also the SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml goes into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

Restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext from USB installer to /S/L/E

You might need to add HFSPlus.efi into /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

• Like 2

Hello,

I removed the kexts from /S/L/E, only the AppleHDA was not there.

I replaced the bootpack in EFI/Clover, added "SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml" into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and add "HFSPlus.efi into /EFI/CLover/drivers64UEFI.

after that i did "sudo kextcache -i/" for repair permissions and rebuild cache, i hope that's correct?

But how do i restore the "vanilla AppleHDA.kext" from the USB installer?

I did reboot the hackintosh and see that the mouse and keypad work, which already is great 😁, but i get a blurred screen now. (see attachment)1662302519_beeldhackintosh.thumb.jpg.f466a481c888ef40c288c7c46d794fdc.jpg.

Greetz.

Hi,

The problem with the screen has resolved :) after having gone to standby after 15 minutes I got a perfect picture again.

The only time he does it is at the start of the apple logo. But thats no problem.

The volume, battery percentage and sleep mode also work. really amazing 😃

Is there anything that needs to be done?

For the wifi problem I am going to buy a D-Link DWA 131. This should work what I have read on the internet.

What I am still wondering, can it be set back that clover will automatically boot to macos after a countdown? this was the case first.

Greetz

• Moderators

1) To fix boot issue, go to BIOS, enable Legacy Option ROMs

2) Best to install internal wifi - DW1560 is my recommendation

3) In Config file, under Boot, change Default Boot Volume to what you name your MacOS SSD (case sensitive I think).

4) Right click "install MacOS High Sierra.app" , select show package contents

Go to Contents/SharedSupport, mount BaseSystem.dmg

Go to /S/L/E, grab AppleHDA and replace it back to your running MacOS /S/L/E folder

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

1) That was indeed the problem :)

2) Ok, thanks for the advice, but i did already bought the DWA 131 dongle before your last answer, if it doesn't work i buy the DW1560.

3) Works :)the

4) I replaced "AppleHDA" from the USB installer to my /S/L/E folder, repair permissions and rebuild cache with terminal '"sudo kextcache -i/" but now the sound doesn't work anymore. there is no "input device" in "system preferences"

Greetz