Stumped on how to get audio on Mojave

spidey123

Ok, I will try the boot arguements to see if it makes any difference.  Else I'm actually ok now the way it is and since I use this at work, I only listen to audio via headsets anyways.  Battery drains much faster though, that I have definitely noticed with MBA5.1 but that's expected since that SMBios is for IvyBridge not SandyBridge.  

Yes, that's why I had to install the kexts.  Read it on another forum.  

Ok thanks Jake Lo.

1 hour ago, Jake Lo said:

posted a few post back

IDT 92HD90BXX layout-id 12 for Dell Latitude E6x20/Dell Precision Mx600 by vusun123

E7761D11

thank you , i missed it 

there is layout 3 too for same codec in AppleALC 

Just sound from speakers doesnt work (via headphones it does) 

@spidey123 so kext work for you but not all input/output ?  right 

Thats correct my friend.  I get sound when the headsets are plugged in and I also get TV speaker sound when I plug it via HDMI, but nothing from the laptop speakers themselves.

If I'm not mistaken I thought I read somewhere that Layout 12 and 3 are no longer supported by Apple if using Mojave???  

1 hour ago, InsanelyDeepak said:

thank you , i missed it 

there is layout 3 too for same codec in AppleALC 

@spidey123 so kext work for you but not all input/output ?  right 

20 minutes ago, spidey123 said:

If I'm not mistaken I thought I read somewhere that Layout 12 and 3 are no longer supported by Apple if using Mojave???  

not for AppleALC , appleALC do convert current layout (like 13 ) to supported layout (like 2) on fly , so you don't have to worry

Thats correct my friend.  I get sound when the headsets are plugged in and I also get TV speaker sound when I plug it via HDMI, but nothing from the laptop speakers themselves.

i have this codec in my repo too 

https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.13/blob/master/Laptop/IDT92HD90BXX.zip

if you need i will make AppleALC for you , so you can check whichever is good 

for permanent solution i must need codec_dump to make audio patch according to your system 

4 hours ago, InsanelyDeepak said:

not for AppleALC , appleALC do convert current layout (like 13 ) to supported layout (like 2) on fly , so you don't have to worry

i have this codec in my repo too 

https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.13/blob/master/Laptop/IDT92HD90BXX.zip

if you need i will make AppleALC for you , so you can check whichever is good 

for permanent solution i must need codec_dump to make audio patch according to your system 

Sure that would be great to test out.