Need help to swap framebuffers on Dell XPS 2720

bisk

I removed all the Sensor Keats but same result. KP always right about the time FakePCIID.kext loads. Last kext loaded in stack trace does vary tho.

AppleAHCIPort  3x

AppleUSBHostPacketFilter 1x

and one bus error.

That’s a new one. 

I will modify my patches and try WhateverGreen again.

Am I able to lose FakePCIID.kext with WEG ?

If not then I suspect problem will persist.

Hi. Been gone for a while, sorry. I did just come back and downloaded your modified config, thanks :)

Of course I hacked through it myself before looking here and so ended up doing it all the hard way, I'm sure.

Turned out that my pink screen was due to me not undoing the GFX0->IGPU Patch and/or not setting Graphics->Inject=NO.

But, either way, now I'm running with WhateverGreen and my integrated display res has improved from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 AND I don't need to turn my attached HDMI display off/on to get a picture on startups. Cool.

But now I have an interesting USB problem on the same box so new topic coming up ...

BTW, are those Properies->(PciRoot(0x0)/Pci,,, entries the WhateverGreen way to do the same FrameBuffer patch that you gave me here earlier ?

Because I'm still using the old one. Is the old way gonna stop working in the future ?

Thanks again !

OK. I tried replacing the old style clover  KernelAndKextPatches.KextsToPatch version of this FrameBuffer patch and I get a KP with a second display connected just as before.

Also,  just did an update to 10.14.3 and discovered that the old patch doesn't even work anymore !

Under 10.14.3, I will KP as soon as I connect an HDMI display not just when I wake from sleep with an external display as with 10.14.2.

So, I rolled my AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext back to the 10.14.2 version and all seems OK again.

To sum it up ...

1. New WEG Device.Properties patch does NOT help under either 10.14.2 or  10.14.3.

2. Only the old Clover KernelAndKextPatches.KextsToPatch patch works under 10.14.2.

NO ! I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG on point #2.

The old Clover KernelAndKextPatches.KextsToPatch patch DOES still work for 10.14.3.

I just needed to completely clear the kextcache by manually deleting the prelinkedkernel.

Also, I'm not sure that specifying an alternate config.plist with the Options feature of Clover v2.4k_r4700 works !

So I just need to research WEG style Device.Properties patching to replace my existing old style Clover patch.

It'll be a good exercise ;)