E6540 - Mojave woes

TheOtherOne

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello hansimglück2

does your sleep is working in all meanings? Like putting the machine in sleep mode with plugged in charger or when you boot up, does it always go to the desktop or is it sometimes a sleep mode and right after this it shows the desktop?

I also use E6540 and this is what I've got so far.

config.zip

kexts.zip

patched.zip

What works: CPU frequency adjustment(though SSDT.aml,so if it does not suit for your CPU, remove it and put your own SSDT.aml back into the right folder), HD4600, AMD 8790M disabled, sleep(by system menu only), touchpad, SD card reader, USB, camera, internal speakers, internal mic, HDMI video output,Ethernet, brightness adjustment(by system menu only),battery and AC status

What doesn't work: AR9285 wifi (cause Apple removed the related driver in Mojave),  sleep by closing the lid,  brightness and volume adjustment by hitting the keyboard fastkeys, HDMI audio output

To hansimglück2:  As far as I know,  there're two sub-type of Latitude E6540, the early sub-type and the late sub-type. Dell use lvds-40pin LCD panels in sub-type E6540 first and  changed to edp-30pin LCD panels in the late sub-type E6540 intead. So the motherboard of the early and the late sub-type are not the same.

BTW: Mine E6540 has some strange problems. When I  press Ctrl + Alt + Del under DOS or BIOS settings, the E6540 just shut down and refuse to reboot. The AMD 8790M graphics also causes auto-shutdown problems in Windows 7 32bit (after AMD graphics driver installed) or some Linux based system (such as Ubuntu). Before the auto-shutdown the fan will run very fast and make quite a noise. After the auto shut-down, I can find "critical tempreture shutdown" logged in the BIOS.This problem gave me quite a lot of hard times when I tried to disable the AMD 8790M(cause when it's disabled the E6540 always auto-shtudown and finally some other guy helped me disabled 8790M successfully)

So mine E6540 is the early sub-type and I wonder what's yours. Do you have the same problems?

To Jake Lo: Could you help to fix the HDMI audio output and the fastkey problems?

I'm not a native English speaker so sorry for my poor English.