E6540 - Mojave woes

TheOtherOne

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello there,

I cleaned out my system and now I have one ssd with Mojave 10.4.2 and one clover boot manager. Before I had 2 or more entries on two or more efi partitions and wasn't really sure, where was were. So now I would like to update to 10.4.4 but get stuck in the install boot up with a kextstall (240) APPLEACPI...... and nothing happens then. Something is inside the deeps of the system what doesn't fit. And the bluetooth is gone, since I changed the system somewhat.

I attached my system files and debug reports, hope it isn't missing something...

Thank you for your help....

debug_22874.zip

• Administrators

Changing topic title since we've gone way past audio issues in 10.14.1...

@TheOtherOne, you config is quite messy and needs tidying up, especially on the ACPI fixes and CPU power management front. Boot options look incorrect too. Specified boot volume seems wrong: you point to a /dev/disk2s2 device when one usually points to a partition name... Regarding kexts, you inject FakePCIID with none of it's PlugIns, so what do you aim to achieve with that?

@Bronxtek: good idea but since Hervé is seeing the messed up efi folder , i’d better start cleaning up....

@Hervé

it looks like this list now to bring it to the point i guess:

1.ACPI 

2.CPU Power Management

3.Boot Options

4.FakePCIID without plugins 

Since I am not that into it, I am doing more with trail and error and reading around the net. This probably leads to messed up configs. 

a bit of an update:

after I updated every single kext and clover until it was saying I am up to date, I could update to 10.14.4 and after I added usbinjectall just to follow the guide of Jake_lo , suddenly I had bluetooth up and working again.

I tried to clean up a bit, like the first config.plist from the guide . Note that I only use the clover configurator since I am not familiar with coding.

Now the only thing a notice is the boot up procedure. almost every time it or second time it doesn't show the apple. It boots up, in verbose mode, then the screen goes black and flickers very lightly , then , after the ssd is done, the dell goes in sleep mode and then I have to press the blinking power button again and then the desktop is running. I got this ever since but now its really obvious and annoying.

my files are following in a bit....