D430 will not boot to USB installer

dparm

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. Will try later today.

I also wanted to ask about the BIOS. I have another D430 and am about to install Snow Leopard, but I just saw that the current Bios is A00 (double zero).

Should I update the Bios before installing Snow Leopard?

What is the latest or best Bios to install?

Can you update the Bios without a PC and floppy drive?

Thanks.

Update on installing 10.6.7 on my first D430. As per above, it went great. Many thanks re. the tips on installing EDP 1.7.

From EDP 1.7, I selected the Apple PS2 Controller, but upon reboot I can't use the Trackpad or Mouse preferences. They say no TP or Mouse is installed and they look for Bluetooth ones.

I'd like to try the VoodooPS2Controller.

To do so, do I have to follow the procedure under How to do a new build?

Do I backup the present config to /Extra/Custom and then run EDP 1.7 again, only this time select VoodooPS2Controller? And then if everything works okay on reboot, can I then safely trash the backed up Extra folder?

• Administrators

yes, update to the latest BIOS on our site.. that will give you dsdt directly in bios and make the machine more stable..

as for installing EDP, just do it an dont worrie.. it will take care of most stuff :)

yes, update to the latest BIOS on our site.. that will give you dsdt directly in bios and make the machine more stable..

as for installing EDP, just do it an dont worrie.. it will take care of most stuff :)

Great stuff. Didn't know that the new EDP 1.7 installation also removed the previous extensions. Fantastic work by you guys.

I tried VoodooPS2Controller but still no trackpad or mouse.

Then I tried Slice and it's working fine! One-finger scrolling along the right edge of the trackpad, which is the same as I had under Windows for the Latitude.

Scrolling is very sensitive, so I've got it set to the 2nd slowest speed level, and it's now very usable. Tap for click works well too.

Once again, many thanks for the outstanding work.