D630 Sierra

wyanii

• Administrators

Each guide has got the right bootpack and kexts. Kexts have been tuned to the SMBIOS that fits the hardware and OS X/macOS version requirements. It's specified in the Sierra guide.

Again, in the case of Sierra, if you're getting a "Waiting for root device" error message, unplug the USB installer and try it in the 3 x other USB ports.

Okay so I used El Cap Extra folder on Sierra usb then replaced smbios with 7,1 from 10.12 bootpack along with fakesmc and usbinject and it will now let me install Sierra. 

Keep in in mind I am using Sierra install usb with the Extra folder from 10.11 bootpack. The 10.12 bootpack will not offer a startup menu. It goes right into boot and I cannot enter any boot flags. 

I don’t get it 

• Administrators

Arf, there's simply no timeout in the o.c.B.plist of the Sierra bootpack, that's all. I take it you did not know that, when the Chameleon/Enoch little rotating character appears in top left corner of the screen, you can press [F8] to interrupt timed/auto startup and be able to enter boot options/boot flags like -v.

Oh, so it’s not like previous versions where the Latitude screen comes up and I hit the space bar and it gives me a choice of which I boot? 

I see see but that’s not obvious because if I use the same Enoch with 10.11 I get a menu. 

Well I’ll if that’s it then thanks. Told you I was an idiot...😜