[SOLVED] No Wifi, but card is detected in E5520.

aggoy

Hello,

I have an E5520 and try to install Sierra 10.12.4. All goes well exept of two issues. I hear some hi pitch noises constantly and the second one is that I don't have Wifi bars in the top Right corner, but the card is detected in E5520, but is not detected in mac os is not listed in active devices. Any suggestions?

• Moderators

Is it Intel?

If yes, it's not supported, well known in Hackintosh world. Replace it with DW1510 or something supported, check 

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/2120-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-1-snow-leopard-el-capitan/?tab=comments#comment-16194

If not Intel, then you'll have to give more details. Can't help without more info.

High pitch noise is from speakers or HP?

Post debug files

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply! I have a wifi card dell dw1501 (update: this card is incompatible confirmed) and i try to make it works. I have it installed in the system during the installation process.  It seems that is detected by the mac os but not installed on it. I try some fixes from varius paces with no luck. For high pitch noise it might be from speakers or from the left side of the laptop. I dont know if it was because i run on battery..... I have installed the latest version of el capitan sound kext from the guide.... i can upload files if it required like the efi folder and library extensions...

Oh no! Sorry for that! The guy who sold it to me told me that will work with dell computer , but i didn't mention that i will build a hackintos with the card. So I will change the card to DW1510.

I will try to make the debug files as soon as is possible. Thanks in advance!

On 12/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, Jake Lo said:

If you look at the link I provided, you'll see it's listed under the unsupported section. You'll need to replace it.

Follow the link I provided to upload the debug file

This is what i manage to get so far for the hi pitch noise. I can update the file once I have a compatible dell dw1510 card because the laptop rj45 ethernet is not fully functional.

OSX-Debug-master.rar

I might have high pitch noise come from voltage regulators (update: this is not completely true , the sound is more commonly  to come from speakers). I don't  know how to start to fix the issue. If anyone knows anything about this issue , please let me know. Thanks in advance!