OptiPlex 7040 - Mojave Install Help

punjabigator

Happy New Year OSX-Latitude folks. Jake and Bronx thanks for helping. 

I cannot get pass the End Randomseed. Tried several versions of OSXAPTIOFixDRv but no luck. The current EFI is attached with origin folder. I have checked the RAM as well and two chips are installed in 1 and 2 slots. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

EFI.zip

Nvidia card removed.

Jake using your config.list

Rig+Qr1%THm7qiH%0tCfDg.jpg

• Administrators

you can try updating your bios to latest 1.11.1

also maybe use aptiomemoryfix.efi instead of OSXAPTIOFixDRv.

on my 7050 i use lilu and weg to support my IGPU on mojave and igp is connected via HDMI but mine has HD520 graphics as opposed to your HD530

Thanks Bronxteck for the info. A dell technician just visited and replaced the motherboard as I was unable to install Windows on it either. However, after replacing the MB, Dell Tech suggested that the system has a bad CPU as it can boot with one RAM stick (Windows Install). The Windows 10 instal could not go through either. The Dell will replace the defective processor in coming days and that might help. In the meantime I ll keep on hold for the OSX install. Thanks all of your help

PS: with one RAM stick, I was able to boot with OSX_MJ installer, however, installation could not be completed after it booted second time to the installer.