Latitude E5530 macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (nearly 100%)

eC//FrEaK

@eC//FrEaK Hello, thanks for all the info you posted, it help me along the way, also thanks to jake lo for his guide much appreciated.

i wanted to ask you, in post 3 you said you got your SD card reader working with a kext, but you didn't mention which one it was, also its not in your clover folder, do you still have it or remember which kext it was ?

Hello again, looking for a bit more help, i wanted to ask that my laptop is supposed to have a USB3 port, but it shows as a USB2  in system properties,

the port works fine, its just not USB3, can this be fixed or is this supposed to run as a USB2 port ?  bios is A11 also used the bootpack on the bottom of the first page of this thread.

• Administrators

I had detailed it in my old E6440 guide; have a look there, the patch remains identical; or look up the Darwin injection in lt E6230 guide; it's the line where OSYS is set to a specific value when the OS is Darwin or Windows 2006.

Hello @Hervé Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, i found your guide and the info i wanted was on page 3.

So i edited the DSDT and copied your edits to the USB, i also copied the info for HPET (not sure if i should have done that)

Downloaded the USB injector kext on that page (not sure i should have done this either) and installed it.

But still in system properties no USB3 but the port still works as USB2.

Touching on something else on page 2 of your guide there are edits for a FN + F1 shutdown fix, this is happening to me,

but what you editied in your DSDT i could not find in mine, is there another fix for this ?