Latitude E5530 macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (nearly 100%)

eC//FrEaK

5 minutes ago, eC//FrEaK said:

@Bronxteck

Yep, I'm using layoutid 12 but still the microphone is not working. :( I hope the next version of "AppleALC.kext" will fix this.

@all others reading this ... 

I'm now using "VirtualSMC" as SMC emulator. And i'm very pleased with it. Well ok, I'm loosing some of my sensors but the battery detection is so so so much better... 😮 It just behaves like on a real Mac, if you unplug the power cable it is immediately detected and the screen dims a bit. Simply great!

Even I got my sleep problems solved, I would like to describe it with my words. 😅

Ok, first I had the problem that the system was waking up from sleep the second it got to sleep when a USB device was plugged and power cable was unplugged. With the power cable plugged sleep was working fine. For me this was a suboptimal solution.

So I decided to give "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext" from Rehabman a try... and voilà sleep was working perfect and like it should work. Great I thought, you got it... 🤩 but then I noticed that every USB pendrive connected to system was detected as an internal drive... 🤔😣😫 This was even suboptimal..

So i searched around the net and found something over at hackintosher.com, some KextsToPatch string and i gave it a try...

Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Replace* [Hex] : 83FB0F90 90909090 90

Comment: USB 10.14.1+ by PMHeart (I just leave this line as it is, to credit him)

MatchOS: 10.14.x

And with this patch in combination with "USBInjectAll.kext" + "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext" now the USB Ports are routed correctly, sleep is working correctly and USB pendrives are detected as external drives.

Im a bit happy now. 😎

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-06 um 18.52.44.png

CLOVER_E5530_VirtualSMC.zip

microphone is just fine for me

did you also added HDAS to HDAF line

i removed my mac otherwise i would show you that else you can find that line in my clover i posted on

1st or second page because microphone is just fine for me with it and with Voodo HDA audio output from HDI is great too about this sleep issue you told about thanks for it i will use it next time :)

4 minutes ago, eC//FrEaK said:

@mtpiplod

Added it.. but does not change anything... I'm a bit confused about your clover folder... You used VoodooHDA and AppleALC together?  🤔🤨

yep when i started without knowing about kexts audio was working well with Apple ALC

then i got working audio working so but i didn't had HDMI output audio working so i installed Voodo hda 

and forgot to remove ALC so both are working

• Administrators

it is possible but you would have to have voodoohda do a iopcimatch to the device id that you want voodoohda to hook to. it can be configured inside the voodoohda.plist.

you would have to change IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIMatch then put the device id you want to hook to. so replace 0x04020000&0xfffe0000 with whichever device Id your HDMI is which you can probably get from DPCIManager app.

so applehda will take one device and voodoohda will take over the other.

but I do not know if whatevergreen.kext will interfere if you are using it.

also you would not be using the applehda disabler as that would kill applealc.

and voodoohda does not work with all HDMI. maybe the scenario is reversed and voodoohda is feeding the speakers not the HDMI but since he is running both I guess he has to look at what kext is loading what device. then adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

Hello my e5530 running pretty well except imessage and facetime. each time i got authetication error. or someting with network conection. the ethernet card has en0.

i dont know what i can do to handle that

may is this a problem with this Dell Type E 5530??  

regards Andreas