Need Help to install Mojave on MSI GT73vr 6Rf

gebele04

Hello everybody,

As shown in my signature, I'm a dell e6420 and 5570 Hackintosh user and they work fine.

I've got a MSI GT73vr 6Rf under Win10 and it works perfectly on it but I would like to install Mojave on this laptop.

Here is its configuration:

Intel i7-6820HQ

32 Gb DDR4

Intel HD530 and Nvidia GTX1080 8 Gb DDR5 (I know I can't use this card)

Screen resolution 1080i/p

2 x 256 Gb M.2 NMVe Samsung RAID 5

1 Gb 7200 rpm HDD

Can someone help me to install Mojave on this Laptop ? I've tried different EFI posted on this forum based on same CPU without any success.

Thanks in advance

Nobody can help me ?

Is it not possible to create e "generic usb boot drive" only to recognize the CPU (i7-6820HQ), the intel GPU and the motherboard's chipset to have access to the Mojave installation menu without any other device ?

With that, I could test the different drivers for ethernet, sound, wifi, .. 

Thanks in advance.

Greg

• Administrators

you can try making a generic clover boot stick. put the usually needed kexts in clover other. you can try adding lilu, whatevergreen, virtualsmc and some sort of keyboard/trackpad driver compatible with your machines hardware. you can leave smbios section of clover config empty so that it can detect a close match to your hardware for you.

Thank you for your answers Misters,

I'v tried different configurations based on the same configuration like me from Dell's system without good results. I think the problem comes from the USB configuration but I've not found how to solve this after many tests. My system is configured on RAID 5 in bios because I'm using 2 M.2 NVME 256Gb in raid 5 mode. Do you think the problem can comes from this (so my bios in not set on AHCI mode) ?

All my tests have been done with Mojave because it's the latest OSX version. Do. you think that with High Sierra I will encounter less problem ?

Does generic clover boot for this model already exist ? Which dell system is closer than mine ?

Thank you in advance

Greg

Hello everybody and happy new year to all.

I will respond to myself: I have successfully installed MacOS Mojave on my MSI GT73VR 6RF but as explained bellow, I had to install it on an external SSD drive because my system was in RAID0 mode and the installer was not able to see my internal hard drive.

I've sailed my Dell Inspiron 5570 and replace it with the new MSI GE75 Raider 9SF (i7-9750H - 17.3' FHD - 16 Gb RAM - Nvidia RTX2070 8Gb - 2 x 1To SSD nvme Samsung and 1 SSD sata 2.5' 500Gb Kingston for hackintosh). It works perfectly with MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 .... (with of course a TP-LINK usb stick for WiFi)

Grég