[SUCCESS] E6330 running Mojave 10.14.2, includes EFI and 10 step mini guide

Semaj

Semaj,
Thank you for this guide. I've been having problems trying to install Mojave on a E6330 for some time now. I used the efi folder you posted and was able to install os onto the hdd.
On my previous attempts, I couldn't even get to the os install screen. For my own education, could you or anyone else tell me what I was doing wrong? I've attached a screenshot of boot verbose and the EFI folder with the output of F2/F4 in the clover folder. Any help would be appreciated.

MojaveInstall.jpg

EFI.zip

Yes, the the pick was taken at the point where it stopped. Thanks for the advice. I will check the config.plist file I was using. I remember reading elsewhere about the platform id setting and using the value you stated. I think I'll just compare my config to yours and see if there are any huge differences.

• Administrators

@New2Max, Your Clover setup was incorrect:

1. You were injected irrelevant kexts (SATA-unsupported, RealtekRTL8111)
  2. You were injected ATI + nVIDIA graphics and irrelevant ATI + nVidia properties
  3. You were applying irrelevant LAPIC + KernelPm patches
  4. Your MBP9,2 SMBIOS injection seems incorrect/incomplete (I guess it might have come from an older Clover version)
  5. You probably did not have suitable CPU power management in place

All in all, you probably obtained that Clover config from somewhere else than here...

With regards to Semaj's Clover setup, he's injecting some unnecessary kexts like:

• VoodooTSCSync
  • GenericUSBXHCI
  • AppleBacklightFixup

He's also using slightly outdated Lilu + WEG kexts that should be refreshed to latest versions. Then, his Clover config contains some irrelevant or inappropriate settings such as arch=x86_64, KernelPm patch or injection of Intel graphics + Capri layout-id (not necessary with Lilu + WEG), erroneous CPU PM settings, etc. It would benefit from being clean-up.

Eg: E6330_config.plist.zip

The Clover setup would also gain from being completed with kexts such as CodecCommander (for audio jack output) and FakePCIID/FakePCIID_XHCIMux to activate USB3/USB2 ports multiplexing.

Hello and thanks for the guide! It helped me with getting Mojave running on my E6330. I'm just having one issue and that is the Wi-Fi, the OS doesn't seem to be recognizing the Wi-Fi card, however it is recognizing bluetooth. This is really the only issue that I have, any ideas? If you need me to post any of my info just let me know.

Thanks!

On 1/14/2019 at 4:08 AM, eC//FrEaK said:

What kind of Wi-Fi Card is inside your system? If it is an Intel Card... forget about it. There are no fully working Intel Wi-Fi drivers available for macOS.

Have a look at this forum post to determine which cards a compatible. :)

It definitely is an Intel card - Intel Ultimate N 633ANHMW is the model. I'll check out that forum post for the info on compatible cards.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Semaj said:

The stock Dell bluetooth module is supported and is separate form the wifi card. check which card you have now, you can pick up a 2.4/5ghz Broadcom 43xx card for little and that will work with kexts and if you feeling adventurous rebrand the card to stock Dell. It is not that hard, just don't make any mistakes without a backup of the original 'firmware' file.

Other than that it's a matter of booting into a live Linux, downloading some tools, loading the right modules (rmmod wl && mod probe b43) and extract the firmware from the card, then change the vendor/device id in the file and copy the file back to the card. Save the original firmware on external storage before rebooting so you can always restore it. This guide is great, the pictures are broken but it should be enough.

In my case after rebranding I also had to change the code (country) and regulatory so it would see my 5ghz channels, but that was also pretty easy. Let me know what you have in your laptop now and we'll see! I picked up quite a few 43xx Broadcom cards from eBay for very little. Once rebranded they will always work without any modifications. 

Looks like it is an Intel Ultimate N 633ANHMW which seems like it wouldn't be compatible. I'll check out the list of compatible cards and go from there. Thanks for the link to the guide, it has a lot of good information in it I will more thank likely use it to help rebrand like you did. Would you mind sharing which card you have?

Thanks!