[SUCCESS] E6330 running Mojave 10.14.2, includes EFI and 10 step mini guide

Semaj

On 1/27/2019 at 10:23 PM, scram69 said:

According to Jake Lo's guide ("Upgrading to Mojave" section), you have to use the "Hackintool" and a 19-step process to create a USBPorts kext for Mojave.  Did you need to do this, or were you able to skip this step?  I did not find a "USBPorts.kext" in your zip file...

I didn't upgrade to Mojave. It's a clean install. No such kexts are needed.

17 hours ago, ajalberto said:

I also have e6330 but with i7 3520m cpu.

i have downloaded the zip file from first post, as Semaj described in the manual, but nothing works. Booting from my thumb drive, and installer stuck at apple logo with about 75% loading bar under it.

UPDATE: installer started working, now it installs but after booting again into the installer, about 95% it writes on the calculating remaining time, and nothing happens after about an hour...

Any advice?

You might run into problems due to high-res screen and maybe not an Intel card? As for the time left, even on my MacBooks that always takes ages. Or right after install when connecting to a wifi om the first boot setup, that also takes ages on my MacBook and iMac. What are you laptop specs?

On 2/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, Semaj said:

I didn't upgrade to Mojave. It's a clean install. No such kexts are needed.

Ok - thanks for the reply.  Jake's guide seems to imply that a "USBPorts kext" is required for Mojave+Clover, although it didn't make sense why a kext would be required only for an upgrade and not a clean install.  But you obviously didn't need such a kext.  I know many people follow Jake's guide for the E6XXX, so I wanted to make it clear that step (4) was not required.

ajalberto: I followed this guide and end up without working usb 3 too. After searching, I tried DSDT from Hervé topic for A19 bios (I am on A21) with USBInjectAll.kext and followed instructions in Hackintool. Then I removed USBInjectAll.kext and put USBports.kext generated by Hackintool to EFI/Clover/ACP/kexts/Other, generated DSDT for CPU and all USBs work like a charm, as well as native brightness control, sleep mode etc. My setup is E6330 i5-3380m. So, you can try if it help you

On 2/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, galab said:

ajalberto: I followed this guide and end up without working usb 3 too. After searching, I tried DSDT from Hervé topic for A19 bios (I am on A21) with USBInjectAll.kext and followed instructions in Hackintool. Then I removed USBInjectAll.kext and put USBports.kext generated by Hackintool to EFI/Clover/ACP/kexts/Other, generated DSDT for CPU and all USBs work like a charm, as well as native brightness control, sleep mode etc. My setup is E6330 i5-3380m. So, you can try if it help you

galab,

Since you successfully completed all 19 steps of the Hackintool guide for USBPorts.kext, I hope you might be able to answer a few questions:

-Step 1 describes the action "Clover Rename..." How exactly does someone "Clover Rename..." something?

-Step 8 says to "Change the HS01,HS02 ports to the ones you have your mouse and keyboard attached".  Does this mean an external keyboard and mouse is required for this step?  For all steps?

-Step 12 describes plugging and unplugging a "TypeC device".  Could you give us an example of a "TypeC device"?

Thanks for any help-