@AjAlberto

Make sure you have Smbios set to MBP9,2

Remove/Disable renames of EHC1 and EHC2

Remove USBInjectAll.kext

Post debug file if still fails, link is in my signature file Problem reporting

I hope i did everything good...

Here is my debug log: 

debug_6084.zip

ACPI config is wrong! You're placed a DSDT from the E6230 as "DSDT_A19.aml" in ACPI/patched folder, yet your Clover config calls for "DSDT.aml". Instead you've referred to "DSDT_A19.aml" as one of the SSDT by sorted order. I don't think that's gonna work.

-> Either rename "DSDT_A19.aml" to "DSDT.aml" or refer to "DSDT_A19.aml" in your Clover config and remove "DSDT_A19.aml" from the listed of sorted order SSDTs.

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

ACPI config is wrong! You're placed a DSDT from the E6230 as "DSDT_A19.aml" in ACPI/patched folder, yet your Clover config calls for "DSDT.aml". Instead you've referred to "DSDT_A19.aml" as one of the SSDT by sorted order. I don't think that's gonna work.

-> Either rename "DSDT_A19.aml" to "DSDT.aml" or refer to "DSDT_A19.aml" in your Clover config and remove "DSDT_A19.aml" from the listed of sorted order SSDTs.

I wonder that how I could miss this naming...

After I renamed the dsdt_a19 to dsdt, everything started working! Now every USB ports, even the sound card started working!

THANKS EVERYONE AGAIN!!!

Hi guys,

I tried to start the installation of mojave on my latitude e6420. I have yosemite running smooth on this machine now. But i would like to make a fresh install with mojave but i can't even boot the installer usb. I have been searching on this forum but i couldn't get to the installation. I'm always stuck on "still waiting for root device". I know it might be a USB issue but i can't find a right solution. Could one of you guys point me in the right way? Thanks. I was using a hackintosh zone image (niresh mojave).

First things first, use must use standard mojave image, not niresh one. Second, in my case, installer works with usb2.0 port inserted, and internal drives, esata not playing.

so try to download first an original copy of mojave, then create usb installer the way in first post.

okay i'm going to try that! thanks for your quick reaction! Can i use chameleon for mojave? I have some problems with uefi on this laptop. It won't boot from the usb stick, or clover starts but i can't see the mojave installer in the bootloader😂 [EDIT] Just found out that legacy is also possible (forgot about that sorry)

15 minutes ago, Svenvdp said:

okay i'm going to try that! thanks for your quick reaction! Can i use chameleon for mojave? I have some problems with uefi on this laptop. It won't boot from the usb stick, or clover starts but i can't see the mojave installer in the bootloader😂 [EDIT] Just found out that legacy is also possible (forgot about that sorry)

I used clover. And my advise you should use it. Try to disable safe boot!

1 minute ago, Svenvdp said:

I am using clover foto legacy. I used tour bootpack from the first post. Got the same error. Is this because i use legace?

Use uefi not legacy with secure boot disabled.