Precision 3510: macOS Mojave

Corly

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not 100% that's what it is bud but ill have a look once I can actually get on. So my latest update is, I found another USB keyboard, and everything was happy. I went through the installer, used the disk utility to change the 120gb Sata M2 I have in for MacOS to the correct format, it started doing the install, got about 3 quarter in and rebooted. Once I booted back into clover, I noticed I could boot to the drive, so I set the flags and the fakeIDs again and booted to the drive to continue the installation. This got about a quarter of the way in (12 mins IIRC) and it through errors up and rebooted, so I am now booting back into the installer to give it another go. I will let you know how I get on. I might start a fresh USB stick and give that a go if I have issues. 

Ok, so strange one, I formatted the MacOS drive. Install went fine this time which is odd. Now just to clarify, do I need a different fakeID because I am now getting a kernel panic again. I tired the normal ones (you posted above) I get the kernel error, I tried to just inject my AMD card, I got a kernel error, I tried without changing anything in graphics menu and got the kernel error again. Strangely enough -debug=0x100 does not prevent the automatic reboot either. I have a video I am putting on youtube now. 

Link to video. 

Thanks for the reply Jake, I now have 3 Mac boot options. When I click on the installed one, I get the Kernel error. I am not sure how to do the permissions repair and cache rebuild, do I need to load into the installer for that to use the terminal? I can't seem to do anything apart from getting into the installer using the FakeIDs. 

• Moderators

The install... is from the USB installer or from the internal drive? If Internal drive, you need to select that to complete the installation. Once fully installed, that option will be removed.

Login to complete the installation with the fakeID. Once in the desktop, launch the terminal and run the following commands. You should update after any system change / kexts update.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Thanks for the reply again mate, you have been a star. So couldn't even get to the desktop so I had to go into recovery using FakeIDs and go on the terminal that way. The installer is from a USB, but I still have all these boot options. In recovery, i tried the ones you said above:

These worked fine (from what i could tell):

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

without sudo though, as it said sudo did not exist. 

These didn't work (it stated a read-only file system) guessing because of im in recovery. 

sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

This one said the folder didn't exist, probably because I'm in recovery again. 

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I will try get into the installed OS but thats when I get the kernel error.