Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

Hi JakeLo,

thank you for your fast reply. I have tested your boopack and here are the results:

a) I get kernelt panic in VoodooI2C.kext

b) I replaced the kext's with mine and I could boot into OS (Problem: TrackPad is working very poorly | no buttons from trackpad are working and the sound isnt working)

c) I have taken a few of your patches from the config and the ACPI-contents :-)

The state is still the same:

+ Sound OK, GPU OK (FullHD), Bluetooth, Keyboard, USBs

- Trackpad isnt working / and the buttons from Trackpad are not working

- WiFi (will replace it with an atheros or smth)

---

Info of my Trackpad: 

Alps Virtual HID
HID\Vid_044E&Pid_1212&Col01&Col01

I2C HID Device
HID\VEN_DELL&DEV_081C&Col01
HID\DELL081C&Col01
HID\VID_044E&UP:0001_U:0002
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE

7490_EFI_CLOVER.7z

Hello Jake,

thank you for the precious input from above, I have understood how it works and did all the steps that are required for the I2C Touchpad.

a) Extracted and fixed DSDT ( so I get a success compilation )

b) Added the patched from VoodooI2C

c) Installed the VodooI2C kexts

---

BIOS-Version: 1.7.2 (11/26/2018)

---
I have also provied screenshots with information about the TouchPad (Windows Device Manager: Hardware-IDs, etc) and also IOReg-Screenshot with what I can see under Mac.

Can you please have a look in the DSDT and give me some input, for some reason I feel like I am missing smth :-(

DELL7490_DSDT_I2C-Touchpad-Info.zip

Hi all, update: USB audio seems to be fine via Dock, as is the USB-C nic in my dock. Driver from realtek site was necessary as 8153 is not part of AppleUSBECM afaict.

The onboard NIC also works fine using  i219 driver. I did have some trouble getting onboard to "built-in" status but the EFI string added to config.plist seems to be doing the trick.

I seem to have broken my onboard keyboard however... Yes the trackpad was jittery but now neither work. Not sure what I did to hurt it.  EFI attached.

EFI.zip

On 1/22/2019 at 9:07 PM, persistz said:

Update: I think the reason is ssdtPRGen.sh, in this repo, there is no info for i5-8250u, i will try to find the related info and run it.  

Update +: Generated ssdt.aml and place at paych,  it did not work, the CPU frequency also maintain at 3.1G. 😔

Mine is running low and ramping properly. @persistz if you try the efi I just uploaded do you have the same problem?