Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

16 hours ago, micheajp said:

Hi all, update: USB audio seems to be fine via Dock, as is the USB-C nic in my dock. Driver from realtek site was necessary as 8153 is not part of AppleUSBECM afaict.

The onboard NIC also works fine using  i219 driver from multifail. I did have some trouble getting onboard to "built-in" status but the EFI string added to config.plist seems to be doing the trick.

I seem to have broken my onboard keyboard however... Yes the trackpad was jittery but now neither work. Not sure what I did to hurt it.  EFI attached.

EFI.zip

I will help u to try this this week.

BTW, have you meet any panic about I2C kext? 

On 2/8/2019 at 1:31 AM, ioncatana said:

Hello Jake,

thank you for the precious input from above, I have understood how it works and did all the steps that are required for the I2C Touchpad.

a) Extracted and fixed DSDT ( so I get a success compilation )

b) Added the patched from VoodooI2C

c) Installed the VodooI2C kexts

---

BIOS-Version: 1.7.2 (11/26/2018)

---
I have also provied screenshots with information about the TouchPad (Windows Device Manager: Hardware-IDs, etc) and also IOReg-Screenshot with what I can see under Mac.

Can you please have a look in the DSDT and give me some input, for some reason I feel like I am missing smth :-(

DELL7490_DSDT_I2C-Touchpad-Info.zip

Hi, i did not pay much attention on I2C kext, but I know sometimes it could cause a panic. And on the Alex's github repo, some people raised this kind of issue, but alex said he is too basy now, so if you cannot solved it, the things we can do maybe just wait...

Then you should user the press on touchpad to replace the buttons.

3 hours ago, persistz said:

I will help u to try this this week.

BTW, have you meet any panic about I2C kext? 

Hi. I figured out I had removed (somehow) the voodoo kext and fixed the keyboard.  Did you have specific I2C satellites you used for the trackpad?  I'll have time to poke at it in a few hours.

At this point I have three issues, the USB-C nic doesn't reconnect after sleep, the trackpad and most important to me is the external monitor issue - I've made a transition and have loaded the machine up with work and am on it daily now (even using docker and fusion), it's been reliable.