Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

@Hervé Should I assume I have to install i2c manually?

Your install works fine ( I erased my USB3 SSD and started from scratch) so thank you for that but my trackpad still isn't working. The keys light up when I touch it, so the system does recognize the device to some level.  What data can I provide?

CLOVER.zip

Edited by micheajp
added clover folder

@Hervé

Update, had to install kext to L/E. Trackpad works, 3/4" at a time. Not usable for daily driver, hence the recommendation I assume for an external one. 

Any others that might need this?

DP over USB-C works too, but at default resolutions. I had this working at full 4k at one point, but don't recall how I pulled it off.

JM

• Administrators

Use the revised pack I posted in the guide. It's got better I2C kexts which fully support the TouchPad, except the buttons.

I've just tested USB-c WD15 docking station and it's supported near-100%. I only have 1920x1080 external displays though so cannot comment on 4k.

• Administrators

If you already cache FakeSMC from /L/E, that's normal. You need to understand how Clover kext injection works in relation to FakeSMC. Anyway, it's recommended to install add-on kexts in /L/E and cache, rather than inject them from E/C/k/O at boot time.

• Administrators

No, of course it's the same Alps I2C TouchPad fitted to my 7490. Can't see any reason why the I2C kexts available in my posted Clover pack would not work on yours the same way they work on mine.

Double check your USB installer.