Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

• Administrators

Weird... It would appear I had placed the wrong I2C kexts in my pack #4. Probably a mistake when I was testing and recompiling various versions. I've corrected this in new pack #5. My apologies.

Ahh... got it. Don't apologize, you're doing work few can accomplish!  Anyone have an opinion if you were to buy a new Dell today for daily driver and no limitations which would you pick? Don't see a thread on that.

Also, please verify the shasum matches your expected pack.

9831a9fcc12bb07d676c402147e2e37786ca3b0a  Clover_Pack_7490__5.zip

I deleted the files form EFI entirely and placed yours there. Same result, no trackpad at installer.

image.png

• Administrators

I've indeed reproduced the issue; I'm using an external USB mouse most of the time so I did not get that message and never realised the TouchPad does not work during installation; can't say if it's an issue of kexts injection because I've tried to boot my Mojave installation with injected kexts, having deleted all add-on kexts from /L/E and rebuilt the cache, and TouchPad worked Ok.

If you can use an external mouse, you'll be Ok.

Hi @Hervé @micheajp 

Good news. I managed to get trackpad to work partially after successful installation of mojave. Thanks very much. 

I have 2 questions remaining

- without using an external mouse, how do you 'click' without the trackpad buttons? taps don't seem to register

- Wifi card replacement, @Hervé I would like to get the same card which you have currently - DW1820A, but I also noted your recent writeup about some revision models not working OOTB. Would you recommend any other cards which would have higher success rate of working with least hassle on our model?

With both of the above closed, hopefully I'll have daily driver ready machine. Thanks again for your help and guidance.

• Moderators

is there an option in trackpad to enable tapping? or in accessibility/mouse & trackpad, enable tap to drag?

As for wifi, DW1560 would work with minimum hassle or DW1830 if you have  3 antennas in the system.

• Administrators

Tap to click option is not enabled by default in the TrackPad PrefPane; you have to set it manually.

TrackPad_options.jpg

DW1560 is probably the best alternative if you cannot get a DW1820A 0VW3T3 model. Latitude 7490 only has 2 x antennas cables going to the WLAN slot. Any other M.2 cards based on Broadcom BCM4352 chipset should work too: AzureWave AW-CB162NF, Foxconn T77H543.00, Lite-On WCBN802B.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGUZ8SC2488

I purchased this one, not realizing the Model matters. Wifi works OOB, BT no.  It's got a nice "genuine" hologram sticker covering part of the info on the front so I know it's genuine. /grin . Using a BT dongle for now. 

Haven't had time to look at the BT. @Hervé the time spent last week was worth it, running well. Not hot (but warmer then windows, I run fusion and a bunch of other stuff) and I need to figure out the key maps for the brightness. FN lock, Audio, sleep FN keys work.  Presenting has been fine too. Need to test HDMI on a TV, lower quality monitors. Yesteday in a presentation the screen was perfect but purple toned. Also the camera isn't working but IO reg sees it.