Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

• Administrators

For BT,  just install Rehabman's BrcmFirmwareRepo + BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts. Nothing else.

I've specified the model of Webcam fitted to my 7490 in my guide and yours clearly is a different model.

19 hours ago, Hervé said:

Tap to click option is not enabled by default in the TrackPad PrefPane; you have to set it manually.

TrackPad_options.jpg

DW1560 is probably the best alternative if you cannot get a DW1820A 0VW3T3 model. Latitude 7490 only has 2 x antennas cables going to the WLAN slot. Any other M.2 cards based on Broadcom BCM4352 chipset should work too: AzureWave AW-CB162NF, Foxconn T77H543.00, Lite-On WCBN802B.

Silly me... this should have been the first option i checked. Now trackpad taps works great sans gestures, which is to be expected. 

@Hervé @Jake Lo thanks both for the feedback on wireless cards. I went ahead and placed an order for DW1820A 0VW3T3 model, fingers crossed for it to work great when it arrives. 

@micheajp - What else do you suggest to check for once everything is set up? Has there been any specific issues that you have encountered besides webcam? does sleep and imessage work ok for you? Wondering if we have a way to map custom function keys. Screen brightness can be adjusted downwards but not upwards from the keyboard, so careful when you're testing it out. Only way to adjust it for now that ive found is to go into settings.

On a related note, next step on the stability journey is to get the installation working with secure boot. For reasons I wont get into, I need to keep switching bios settings everytime i boot back into windows due to bitlocker, so getting the installation to work nice with secure boot would be nice.

I've read that its possible, but very complex to fully succeed in it. Furthermore i'm not sure if i can enable secure boot if i keep my OS in a samsung external T5 SSD...

@Hervé @Jake Lo - do you think its worth trying out? thoughts on if it is possible to get a secure boot setup working?

• Administrators

seems that you have to manually compile clover with the option to enable secure boot then you have to digitally sign the binary's you compiled. should probably be done with official clover branch.

Small update:

Re: bluetooth with my "almost-recommended card" is working fine. I only use a BT mouse, not mobile hotspot.

DW1820A WLAN Wifi Wireless Mini Card Module 8PKF4

Re: camera, decided to start working on its own. Initially not detected by zoom or Webex, but after I received an incoming FaceTime call it unexpectedly has been working fine. I wonder if I had to start FT and assign a camera for the rest of the apps to work properly?