Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

1 hour ago, FoUStep said:

I can't seem to understand why the disk is not showing in Clover. I followed the entire guide. It feels like there is something wrong with APFS or HFS+ (tried both) or the apfsdriverloader-64.efi or even the config.plist (tried newest clover as well). The BIOS is 1.9.3 and disk set to AHCI. Secure boot off, etc.

May be partition table is MBR instead of GUID.

Apple Disk Utility is buggy. Try to boot Linux Mint, start Gparted and create GPT partition table, then create FAT32 partition. Reboot with Mojave USB stick, don't start Disk utility, install Mojave on FAT32 partition, it will be formatted automatically.

Here''s my Clover folder. I made several USB's to boot from. The guide told me to install Clover into the ESP, this does not create an EFI partition itself (which should be fine), however that USB is not bootable for some reason.😑, I used your guide: Install Mojave

CLOVER.zip

Apple Disk Utility is buggy. Try to boot Linux Mint, start Gparted and create GPT partition table, then create FAT32 partition. Reboot with Mojave USB stick, don't start Disk utility, install Mojave on FAT32 partition, it will be formatted automatically.

And unfortunately this did not change, it did not show up. The volume is formatted APFS as far as I can tell (and it does show up when I boot from the installer itself on USB).

I already and also tried this one as well: Guide by Hervé

• Moderators

No, both guides said to select "Install for UEFI booting only", this will enable "Install clover into the ESP" by default.

Your Clover folder has no SSDT, no kext, and Config file is virtually black. You should use the bootpack (Config, ACPI, Kexts) from Hervé's guide.

I had both of these selected:

• Clover for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP

The guide from Hervé's made an EFI partition (for some reason?) and yours apparently did not (???). I seem to be unable to boot the USB if the EFI folder is located next to the MacOS Install Mojave app (done by createinstallmedia). Did I miss anything?

I will re-add the Bootpack from Hervé's. (I did so last night but didn't get the disk to show so I retried with your guide). In your guide I missed the Bootpack that's why it is empty, so I will retry with Hervé's Bootpack. Any suggestions to change in the config.plist? Did I also miss the SSDT's? It feels like I see a reason why my disk detection (and installation) fails but I am not quite sure where to find the appropriate configuration it.

I still have the Intel WiFi chip, I first want this to work without WiFi (ethernet for now is fine), so I can buy the appropriate chip which works and make WiFi work.

Thank you Jake for your help, it is much appreciated. Hopefully I am not too much of a bother.