ameeno

Problems with headphone jack after deep sleep (Static sound) - e7440

8 hours ago, InsanelyDeepak said:

you have to use SSDTALC + v1 , if no good result go for SSDTALC + v2 so on 

yes Herve is right , use patched folder  

Insanely,

I followed your instructions (remove codec commander, clear kext cache, reboot)

I even cleared Nvram otherwise i get no audio.

Basically in ALL instances with all your .aml's I have static at startup from headphones.

This is just on startup, not even through sleep.

The only way i do not have static from headphones is with CodecCommander installed.

So: it appears CodecCommander is working. It is just not working/re-executing after sleep.

Could this be a pointer to a possible solution?

*Hoping we resolve it :D *

***UPDATE***

It seems the Version 4 SSDT-ALC292.aml is working!!!!

*Noticed something weird*

After waking from sleep by lifting laptop lid, the laptop does not fully wake up.

it actually tries to wake up, but then after a few seconds it turns back to sleep mode (power button led pulsing)

at this point i need to press the power button again, and almost immedietly I see the screen on mac.

I am pleased to confirm the headphone audio works now without any static after sleep.

although this is some short testing, there has certainly been an improvement.

My settings:

CodecCommander is installed on /L*/E*

SSDT-AppleAlc.aml + SSDT-ALC292.aml (v4) installed in Clover/ACPI/Patched directory

So major improvement.

is there anyway to fix the wake from sleep bug that causes the laptop to wake up, but go back to sleep straight away (Soft sleep) until the power key is pressed?

Thanks very much Deepak, Good improvement so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ameeno said:

***UPDATE***

It seems the Version 4 SSDT-ALC292.aml is working!!!!

*Noticed something weird*

After waking from sleep by lifting laptop lid, the laptop does not fully wake up.

it actually tries to wake up, but then after a few seconds it turns back to sleep mode (power button led pulsing)

at this point i need to press the power button again, and almost immedietly I see the screen on mac.

I am pleased to confirm the headphone audio works now without any static after sleep.

although this is some short testing, there has certainly been an improvement.

My settings:

CodecCommander is installed on /L*/E*

SSDT-AppleAlc.aml + SSDT-ALC292.aml (v4) installed in Clover/ACPI/Patched directory

So major improvement.

is there anyway to fix the wake from sleep bug that causes the laptop to wake up, but go back to sleep straight away (Soft sleep) until the power key is pressed?

Thanks very much Deepak, Good improvement so far.

Great! 

if you have issue same issue with normal boot (not after sleep) you need custom alcPlugfix version as SSDT  , i also found Codec_commander is not working all the time except sleep condition better to use it 

so @Jake Lo and @Hervé  can help you better , i never had much time with laptops 

Tried the SSDT, none work for me. Your comment about AppleALC and CodecCommander not working together got me thinking. So I removed AppleALC and went to dummHDA instead with hotpatching  in KextToPatch. That works great except now I lost HDMI and DP audio output, could be due to Whatevergreen.kext.

Tried your guide about using ALCPlugFix and HDA-verb, that didn't work either, could be I didn't do it correctly.

So the easiest without wasting more of everyone's time, I went and patched the DSDT and added SSDT-PNLF.aml. All as well!

Updated bootpack for E7440 here

4 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Tried the SSDT, none work for me. Your comment about AppleALC and CodecCommander not working together got me thinking. So I removed AppleALC and went to dummHDA instead with hotpatching  in KextToPatch. That works great except now I lost HDMI and DP audio output, could be due to Whatevergreen.kext.

Tried your guide about using ALCPlugFix and HDA-verb, that didn't work either, could be I didn't do it correctly.

So the easiest without wasting more of everyone's time, I went and patched the DSDT and added SSDT-PNLF.aml. All as well!

Updated bootpack for E7440 here

Hi @Jake Lo 

while using CodeComander with AppleALC you must use SSDTALC (this is at codeccommander repo) otherwise AppleALC will conflict , also you can do what codeccmmander is doing with AppleALC , just you need changes according your codec_dump 

if above SSDT works then i need to do same changes to ALCPlugfix , which version SSDT it was ?? 

can you post codec_dump it will better to use right numbers 

Hi Everyone,

@InsanelyDeepak

I Switched to Jakes Newer bootpack (DVMT + SSDT only) because it felt cleaner and i thought it would solve the audio issues. However it seems that the audio is erratic now.

for example, I just booted now and the only sound device is HDMI audio out (Which i do not want).

SO i dont think this newer bootpack is the solution.

SHould i go back to my previous boot pack and stick to your fix deepak?

@Jake Lo

I Switched to the mojave fixed Bootpack pal.

However some reboots it detects no sound card. The only solution appears to be to reset NVRAM through clover on each reboot :(

What could be wrong?

*I am watching this thread to see if the fix works for everyone or if its individual machine dependent**