E6420: Yosemite and DW1550

OoZic

hello my friends,

my first post here, very happy to have found this site with all kind of OSX information for all kind of Dell laptops and also my Dell latitude E6420. Great work!

Long time ago I have setup my E6420 and for long time I was very happy with it accept for my wifi, always used an external dongle. After reading here on this site I got myself a cheap DW1550 and the Internet worked right away after installing  the 4 kext mentioned on this link:(the 2 BRCM kext in L/E)

now i try to get the bluetooth working but sadly without result. tried a lot of things like replacing the brcmfirmwaredata kext for the repo one, using the usbinjectall kext and so on. I tried to understand rehabman his comments on the injector thing and adding product string to the plist, but still no bluetooth after experimenting with it.

all other things work perfect, also many thanks to Wern for the dsdt that helped me fix the battery with cross problem.

system: Dell E6420, 8GB, 250GB SSD, 1600x900, Yosemite legacy dual boot (windows 10) with Clover

Many thanks if someone can help me with this problem and sorry for my bad English ;)  

Schermafbeelding 2019-02-04 om 22.03.45.png

Hi Jake Lo,

sorry for my ;ate reply, very  busy day yesterday ...

As i understand i copied the kext the wrong way (with Forklift) to L/E/.

So I tried it with terminal, I can see the kext show up in L/E/ but not in the kextcache log after rebuild and reboot?

These are the commands I used:

sudo cp -R BrcmPatchRAM2.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo cp -R BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Am i doing something wrong with the commands?

debug_28599.zip

Schermafbeelding 2019-02-06 om 21.01.43.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-02-06 om 20.50.46.png

• Administrators

There seems to be several kexts that shouldn't be there... And your cache clearly does not rebuild. Are you sure you've copied kexts to /L/E? They seem to be in /L ...

Try and use the following commands (copy/paste them):

sudo cp -Rf BrcmPatchRAM2.kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -Rf BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo touch -f /L*/E*

It seems you had somme dodgy hidden character in "-Boot" statement...

• Moderators

Get rid of NullCPUPowermanagement and GenericUSBXHCI in /S/L/E, then run this

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

Look for the output of BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Rerun this until you see them in the output

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

Hi Jake Lo,

Tried it for over 10 times, after removing the 2 requested kext but nothing changes. 

if I try "sudo kextcache -i /" i get the same output with all the "allowing invalid signature" ...

this means my kext cache is broken?

@Hervé I used the cd command in terminal to get into library/extensions and both brcm kext are there.

thank you both for your reply :)

debug_21063.zip

• Administrators

The "invalid signature" messages are all to be expected and all Ok since you're caching add-on kexts that were not signed by Apple. This has been the case since Yosemite or El Capitan...

Again, there would appear to be a fairly substantial difference between kexts injected by Clover (in the Clover kexts folder) and those shown on your screenshot of /L/E.

It's going to be difficult to help you until you start giving the complete picture...