Dell lattitude 7480 - Mojave install : need help

Nancy10

12 hours ago, Matroskin said:

I want to share my observations about touchpad issues.

I used a bootpack from this tread to boot Mojave 10.14.3 on my SkayLake based Latitude 7480. Unfortunately I don't remember build version of Mojave.

The trackpad did not worked until DarwinFix was applied in Clover config. I installed Mojave update version 18D109 later. After update I got Touchpad broken. After some time I removed DarvinFix and got the touchpad functionality back 🤪. So, to me the track pad issues (when VoodooI2C kext work for some peoples while it doesn't work for others) is also depends on OS build version and ACPI patches in clover.

Now I wonder if you guys managed to get backlight adjustment work properly. I use AppleBacklightFixup.kext but the best I could get was 100% brightness, with a non-working slider :-(. Actually the backlight has 2 states depends on the slider position - Full brightness and no backlight at all. I have followed AppleBacklightFixup instructions down to the letter but no success.

I done nothing but copy @catmater's config and got my backlight working very nicely, you should try that. 

On 2/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, catmater said:

Here is my config: catmat-7480-v7.zip

But now i broke sound in headphones. cant find reason why, try layout 13,56 , but no luck

SSDT-ALC256.aml in ACPI/Patched , CodecCommander.kext in S/L/E , layout 13 , and no sound in phones. Then i plug phones in jack, sound off (speaker) but no sound in phones. 

@Jake Lo, did you have any advise ? 

I have the same thing too. but something I found out is that when plugging the headphones the sound works for a split second and then cuts off. if that helps anyway

7 hours ago, Nancy10 said:

I done nothing but copy @catmater's config and got my backlight working very nicely, you should try that.

I can't just use his config. His Latitude has KabyLake processor and hence HD620 graphic card while mine 7480 has SkayLake processor with HD520 graphics.

By the way, I have checked my earphones output. It doesn't work as well. I didn't paid attention earlier cause I don't use it often. 

7 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

The release version also has layout-id 21, so should work too.

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

I confirm that earphones output works with AppleALC v.1.3.5 + layout 21 on my system.

As for backlight brightness control, just noticed that backlight control + AppleBacklightFixup.kext works after sleep. I guess I need to read carefully discussion at tonycrapx86 forum to troubleshoot it.