Dell lattitude 7480 - Mojave install : need help

Nancy10

On 3/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Matroskin said:

Yah, I think this is fastest way to get working modem.

I have tried Legacy_QMI.kext for Sierra OS.  The DW5811 modem is visible in system report - position usb and wwan.

I tried set modem to USBCOMP=6 under Win10 to swithch modem to QMI mode. But modem stil dosnt work under Mojave while under Win10 it works well. Perhaps its possible to force it wokr under Mojave but it require qite some time and effords.

Yes, i also tried it on my windows when i had it and it worked. The chip is available on my usb list too.

For the dedicated thread, @Matroskin did you create one already ?

So I ended up with the attached which gets me booting with FileVault 2 on my 7600U based E7480, but HDMI causes an instant lock-up and the display isn't responding to the special function keys (changing brightness, etc.). I was originally using Jake Lo's bootpack, but there I couldn't get the FileVault 2 login window to come up. I wondered if anything obvious stood out.

clover_7480_fv2_r1.zip

15 hours ago, philstopford said:

So I ended up with the attached which gets me booting with FileVault 2 on my 7600U based E7480, but HDMI causes an instant lock-up and the display isn't responding to the special function keys (changing brightness, etc.). I was originally using Jake Lo's bootpack, but there I couldn't get the FileVault 2 login window to come up. I wondered if anything obvious stood out.

clover_7480_fv2_r1.zip 5.06 MB · 0 downloads

You can try this config

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11315-dell-lattitude-7480-mojave-install-need-help/?do=findComment&comment=88875

then add the fixes in the later comments for the ALC.  it should fix the HDMI proble

Thanks. I now have a new revision of the bootpack here that also seems to greatly reduce the time to display for the filevault 2 screen. Brightness keys aren't working, but the volume keys are functional (with the on-screen display). That has me rather confused.

No joy with HDMI - machine locks up, also get a boot error screen if HDMI plugged in then

CLOVER_working6.zip