Dell lattitude 7480 - Mojave install : need help

Nancy10

Updating Clover made no difference at all.

EDIT : It seems that this might be intermittent, possibly provoked by moving the mouse cursor on the FileVault login screen. I'm investigating - sometimes, the trackpad is fine and other times it's not working; I haven't found the pattern yet.

• Like 1

BY trackPad, you mean the full gestures trackpad or the mouse emulation from the voodoo kext ? because as far as I know if the trackpad is not supported the kexts emulates a mouse. maybe the kext needs an upgrade.

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure @philstopford means the actual TrackPad/TouchPad device. Unless I'm mistaken, the 7480 uses a similar Alps I2C device as the 7490 and, indeed, it occasionally fails to respond to finger. Rebooting (once or multiple times) will eventually bring it back to life. This issue is undoubtedly due to those I2C drivers we use; they're not 100% kosher yet, it's work in progress. On the 7490, the device is fully functionnal as a Mac TrackPad/TouchPad and shows as such in the PrefPane. It can just be a little awkward to use. I see no reason why it would be different on the 7480, they're basically the same laptops apart from CPU generation.

• Like 1