Newbie Questions - E7240 with i7-4600U

LaMosca

Dell Latitude e7240 with i7-4600U, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 860 EVO, Dell DW1550 WiFi/BT card.

Followed all the guides as best I can to install macOS 10.4.3 (including supplement) and most all is good.

I have the kexts installed (I believe per the guide) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (except for CodecCommander.kext and DisableTurboBoostBattery_2.3.kext which were copied to /Library/Extensions). The trackpad works, but nearly all the time, the Trackpad Pref Pane indicates "No trackpad found."

One question I have after reading more, I'm wondering if some/most/all of the kexts should be moved to /Library/Extensions? This guide indicates "Copy FakeSMC and only critical kext's needed to run the MacOS Installer, Updater or Recovery to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other" - which ones are considered critical for Installer/Updater/Recovery?

To enable my new WiFi/BT card (Dell DW1550), I need some additional kexts (AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext) ... these should go to /Library/Extensions, correct?

I'm also not sure yet if the battery indicator is correct. Is the fix for that part of the guide (and thus would already be in place if I did it correctly) or is there something additional I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

For your laptop - FakeSMC, Liu, USBports, and trackpad kexts can be in the OTHER folder. Make sure that you are using DETECT mode in the clover, which let the OSX to load Kexts from the L/E first. 

As the guide states all of the third party kexts should be in LE. Also use the method mentioned in the guide to install kexts rather just copy and paste.

• Administrators

" using DETECT mode in the clover, which let the OSX to load Kexts from the L/E first. "

That is not completely correct.

"Detect" will only work for detecting fakesmc in L/E and if so then load. clover is hard coded to first pull from "Other" folder

best option is to use "Inject"