E6320 - MOJAVE 10.14.2 NO SPEAKER AUDIO, NO USB

richw

Dell E6320 Bios:A20 CPU: I5-2540M 2.6Ghz Audio: IDT 92HD90 Wifi:Dell DW1510

I have successfully installed a Sierra, upgrade to High Sierra to Mojave 10.14.3 with a few issues.

1- Sound works through the Headphone Jack, no sound through speakers. I performed the Dell Diagnostics to verify hardware is working.

2- Keyboard and mouse not working on Clover boot screen. I am able to bypass with a defined partition and countdown, but it would be nice to have 

3- USB Ports not working

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Remove AppleHDAIDT.kext from /L/E

Remove IntelBacklight.kext from Clover/kexts/Other

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from clover/drivers64UEFI

Change Smbios to MBP8,2, for sandyBridge (HD3000). The MPB9,2, that's for IvyBridge (HD4000) is wrong.

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

• Administrators

Caution because you can only use MBP8,x SMBIOS under Mojave once/if you've installed the patched PlatformSupport plist. MBP8,x are not supported platforms...

Also be aware that 10.14.3 is probably the very last Mojave version to support OpenGL-only graphics acceleration for HD3000 (provided you install SNB graphics kexts from 101.3.6). Latest 10.14.4 beta apparently totally blocks non-Metal GPUs...

All in all, you'd be well advised to stick to High Sierra 10.13.6 on your E6320.

• Like 1

I reinstalled Sierra, upgraded to High Sierra no apfs conversion using MBP 8,2.

Usb is working, Audio is only available through headphones and touchpad does not work.

I have not copied any files to /L/E. Only the AppleALC in kext folder.