E6320 I7 Mavericks 10.9.5 update to High SIERRA possible?

koolm5n

Hi guys,

I currently have a dual boot Win10 / Mavericks 10.9.5 and as far I can remember with Chameleon Boot Manager.

Hackintosh running with 8GB Intel HD 3000 Asus USB AC53 Nano. I don't need audio at all..

The Software Update give me the option to update to macOS High Sierra.

Would it possible to run it by saving the existing KEXTs or what is the best way to do to avoid issues?

Anyone has already tried this or any suggestion?
Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Best

1856509725_ScreenShot2019-02-13at19_55_12.thumb.png.b30008abb722fe6f4d5c29246d7a4db6.png

• Administrators

No, you cannot conduct a direct upgrade through AppStore from Mavericks to High Sierra when running on Chameleon. You'd have to run Clover for that and the kexts you're using for Mavericks will be mostly obsolete for High Sierra. It's best that you make a fresh High Sierra installation over your current Mavericks partition, that'll allow you to retain all your existing apps and files.

Failing that, you may consider a separate partition for High Sierra. You may still boot High Sierra with Enoch but installation and updates will require you to use Clover.

I invite you to consult all existing guides for the E6x20 Series and the numerous threads we have on the forum for this particular model.