Bootpack mojave E6230

jfmac

Hello, 

following Jake Lo's Clover guide for clean install of Mojave, and need a bootpack for E6230 i7 cpu 3ghz. Should I just use the one for High Sierra, or does someone have a Mojave bootpack. I've been successful over the years using Chameleon on an E6230 and an E6220 both of which were i5s. Clover is new to me and seems more complicated, but required for Mojave. 

Help appreciated.

I just tried using this guide 

and the Mojave bootpack Jake Lo linked to above and although the clover UI was perfect, and there were lots of lines of post, the screen goes blank. Mine, however is a Dell Latitude E6530 (http://linux-hardware.org/?probe=906439ca69 ) 

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction on how to get this thing working with Mojave. Not too fussed about any fancy stuff, just a working Hackintosh that I can run email, calendar, Messages, etc. I've done a few over the last 8 years, but I’m rusty and basically a noob to all this, so please be gentle! Don't need wifi, bluetooth, or high-end GPU functionality. 

Many thanks! 

MrJJIII

After the screen had been blank for a while, I tried plugging in a HDMI cable connected to a 24" display and nothing. Then tried pushing a bunch of keys on the keyboard and the OSX Install text to speech started talking to me, so I think that means it progressed to the OSX install, but couldn't drive my screen for some reason. It's really close, but just not close enough! 

Thank you Jake 😀; will try it this morning. 

Edit: Ok got to it this afternoon. Installer boot to mojave install = perfect. Now I just have to wait for arrival of interposer/adapeter for SSD and I'll be good to go.

Edited by jfmac
more info added

On 2/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, Jake Lo said:

Here, try this one

Hi Jake,

In your link above (post from October 6th), your 6230 bootpack includes FakeSMC.kext, as it did in HighSierra.  But in the E6X30 bootpack from November 26th, you include VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext.

There are also a few other differences.

For the 6230, would you recommend the kexts from the November post?  What's the difference between them?

Thanks-