Mojave on Dell Latitude E6530 - need help with bootpack, etc

MrJonesIII

• Administrators

No, as stated before, Mojave only supports Kepler GPUs and this GF117 Fermi GPU, like several others, turned out to have poor/no support under High Sierra. If you want all those video outputs to work, you'll have to revert to an older OS X/macOS version like El Capitan/Sierra. That's the end of the line for that nVidia dGPU.

Hi, 

Now having a strange problem where a perfectly working system somehow ends up trying to sleep, and then refuses to boot again, with the boot-up progress bar getting to about 80% and then stopping. I've forced power off and restarted in verbose mode and took a photo of the bit where it gets stuck. Any suggestions on how I can fix this without having to wipe it all and start again? 

Thanks, 

MJJ

IMG_2769.jpeg

• Moderators

RTC patch should already be enabled , but yes, it's under Kernel and Kext Patches. For me I was on BIOS A13, that version seems to be able to keep the settings. I have not test this for years, so don't quote me on it.

Hi again all. 

Decided to try and experiment with Sierra instead of Mojave. I really need those external nVidia attached ports to work on this thing. 

Any advice? 

I found this - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327824-dell-latitude-e6430-full-solution/ but Slice's zip file of a working EFI for both Intel and nVidia has been removed after he changed over to High Sierra and Intel HD only so I'm trying to find something that's going to allow me to run the majority of older Mac OS software versions on a stable platform with external displays using the E6530 laptop they've given me.  

Thanks again! 

MJJ