It's not my kext, it's Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller for Synaptics touchpad. Check his GitHub for full functionality.

• Like 1

Jake, Rehabman said this to me:

"I have no experience with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and no plans to ever use it (as it is closed source in violation of the APSL).

VoodooPS2Controller.kext can be configured as you like (in SysPrefs or by overriding various Info.plist settings with ACPI). For ACPI overrides refer to *.dsl in the github repo for examples.

Note that VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not optimized for ELAN hardware. Full source is available if you would like to add better support for ELAN."

So im would get be a light to config this, or another kext (Smart for exemple), to be get buttons and trackpoint, bust im complete noob on this coders. 

Someone could be help me im very appreciated...thanks for all my friend!!! IM never forget your huge help!!!

Hi @Jake Lo im have good News!!

Im can fix that issue!!!

Im fix that with change config.plist in VoodooPS2Controller.kext>Contents>Plugin>VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext>Contents>info.plist

Im changed:  
IOKitPersonalities>Synaptics TouchPad>Platform Profile>LENOVO>Thinkpad_ClickPad>ScrollResolution> 200 
IOKitPersonalities>Synaptics TouchPad>Platform Profile>LENOVO>Thinkpad_ClickPad>SmoothInput>NO

And the same think in: 
IOKitPersonalities>Synaptics TouchPad>Platform Profile>LENOVO>Thinkpad_TrackPad>ScrollResolution> 200
IOKitPersonalities>Synaptics TouchPad>Platform Profile>LENOVO>Thinkpad_TrackPad>SmoothInput>NO

Because im spend precious hours read about, but is very hard to get at this point...thanks again!!!

VoodooPS2Controller.kext MOD MAX WORKS SROLL.zip

Hi @Max.1974 - I use a Thinkpad t480s and would like to use the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. For me, the scrolling does not work at all. Do you know which Touchpad / Controller is installed in your E470? How can I find out which touchpad is used in my t480s? Would be great to make the voodoops2 work, as I "love" the trackpoint which does not work with the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. I really don't need gestures - but without scrolling (which does not work for me with voodoo) the voodoo is no alternative ;-(

How did you find out what to do for your machine to make scrolling work? Did you install any other kexts besides the voodoo kext? E.g. there are some thinkpad related kexts on Rehabmans project page

• Like 1

Hi @kaikobold sorry late my friend, the mail from osxlatitude not work, im not know what happens....

My friend, im have a little issue with scrolling, and im decide make changes in her settings exactly to get a better scrolling.

Please try use this voodoops2 or ApplePS2Smart (not both because will get conflict) my friend, im not know exactly was my trackpad, but im will see for you in windows... 

My touchpad is Synaptics Thinkpad UltraNav (driver 19.3.4.219)

Really so sorry for late your answer...

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.zip

Hi @Max.1974, thank you for your reply. As it seems that the VoodooPS2 did work out of the box for you (but you needed to improve a little bit) I guess we have different touchpads in our machines. For me scrolling did not work ever and I tried different variants. The only driver working is a special hacked ApplePS2Smart - but I don't like that one because my keyboard does not work perfect, I can't use the Trackpoint and the Touchpad is much to sensitive (so input cursor jumps when I type a text with the internal keyboard). So I hoped you have the same touchpad and were able to make scrolling work by custom work ;-)

Thanx again!

• Like 1

Thank you too @kaikobold im think my trackpad is different too. Im used it normally and works nice with Trackpoint and works better then windows...some gestures not works. But im config for me and scrolling very fast and stable..sorry if my knowledge cannot help you!! 

Maybe you can try look here: https://gitlab.com/maemo8086/thinkintosh_t480 😉 

Just download .zip file and try it...!!! Cross your fingers!!!