Latitude E5550 DW1560 recognition issues

snarkjazzo

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to this Hackintosh thing and I was wondering if anyone's experienced a similar situation to mine. I just bought a DW1560 to replace my Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (7265NGW) and I'm having an interesting issue with macOS recognizing it in DPCIManager. When I first put the card in to the M.2 slot, i.e. it is at a 45 degree angle, the card is recognized by the laptop when I boot it up. But when I screw it in to the flat position, it's not recognized anymore. Is it possibly that I bought a faulty card or is the form factor wrong? Sorry if this is a noob question but I'm losing my mind here.

Thanks,

John

• Administrators

Can't imagine a form factor issue or you would not be able to fit the card into the slot. Sounds more like a damaged connector on the card or a defective M.2 slot on the laptop. Could also be some dust or dirt in the slot. Try and blow hard on it.

• Administrators

DW1820A is "just" subject to whitelisting and that particular aspect was not clear before... It's not different that a DW1520 in that respect and the necessary patch or workaround is known.