Can't Boot to Installer E6440 dual graphics i7 using Jake Lo's Guide

rea1l1

Hey guys,

So yesterday I followed Jake Lo's guide for High Sierra:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-vostro-xps-clover-guide/?tab=comments#comment-74275

HW:

* i7-4610m Haswell

* incl. dual graphics intel hd4600* and variation of radeon hd 8600m  line on 1366x768<-- would like to disable radeon, only use intel

Progress:

* reset bios, set ahci, EFI (booting EFI)*
* pulled ram stick slot B
* inserted usb via lone left usb port
* created HS clover boot installer EFI (notable deviation from guide: install option clover preference pane is greyed out)
* booted verbose --> won't boot to installer --> black wall of white text

Now, I suspect that I may have done something wrong prepping the USB, so here is a quick recap on following that guide:

* erased USB w/ Disk Utility and set to GUID mode

* created High Sierra installer via Mojave installation command line

* downloaded generic EFI folder, High Sierra Bootpack folder, HFS+ ktext

* merged HS bootpack folder with generic EFI folder and added HFS+ ktext

* installed up to date Clover

* mounted EFI partition via Clover Configurator

* merged generic EFI folder with EFI bootsector folder

So I'm stuck at the black screen with white wall of text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSglDOFypRcs5Dj_tZZR3tet5qWoi-57N6TrxkDuiIJC_-WOw-XB3yKNlgFZh7uJOT2mX3bQBVtdtwg/pub

Any ideas?

You guys rock. Thank you so much for all that you've done.

Everything is set up for UEFI, but per your question I double checked my bios and noted it was set to support legacy booting, so that's been disabled. Here is current stuck position:

If you'd like I can review all BIOS settings and rewrite the installation media before requesting further assistance. Thank you for your help.

IMG_20190311_151533316.jpg

I found this interesting post which suggests its cpu DSDT related:

//tonycrap link removed upon request from respected community member: future readers might search "[solved] Dell Inspiron 3250 CPU Swap, Kext Stall, Unsupported CPU Error", but be aware that site is taboo

I'll work on implementing their solution and post update.

--- and update... removing dsdt files didn't do anything for me, but I'm also a newb, so perhaps I don't know how to actually remove them properly.

Thought I'd offer an update. The motherboard on the E6440 failed soon after this attempt. I replaced it with another from ebay. I retried that tutorial and got to the installer quickly. I suspect my difficulties were due to the failing hardware.