Mojave on a DELL Precision 7510?? Possible?

rjjd

Hi,

I am a newby and have a question about my Dell Precision 7510. I have received this fine laptop today and was wondering if it is possible to install Mojave on it.

Hardware specs are:  Intel i7 6820 2,7GHZ Cpu, 16 GB DDR4 ram 2133 hertz,  2 video cards, Intel Skylake Graphics 64MB inside and AMD Firepro W5710M GDDR5. 2 GB  memory, 1 SSD 256 GB. and M.2 SSD 256GB drives, 15'6 inch IPS screen 1920x1080 resolution,  Intel WIFI cad 8260 ( 802.110c) Audio card Realtek ALC3235 , 4x USB 3.0 , SD card slot, HDMI output. 

I have visit this site earlier was installed then succesfull a Mac system on a Dell Latitude 620 and 630. 

Hope someone can ( and is willing) or guide me, to help me out with this installation ( if it is possible ) on this laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Gr. rijd 

Hi Jake Lo,  Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Thus this mean I cannot use the AMD Firepro video card inside the laptop?  That would be disappointing because this is a great video card with a lot of memory and fast memory and I want to use this laptop ( it it works ) for photo and video editing 

greets, 

rjjd

Hi Jake lo first thank you for this. I have a question for you if you must choose between de m4800 or 7510 laptop both with amd firepro video card. What would you choose? I have both laptops and also two topics opened on this site. Please advice 

So then I can focus on one of these laptop 

Thanks..

Hi , we managed to install Mojave on the Precision 7510.
Used EFI (not included , could not upload it because size is 24MB). 

I used EFI used by ss2sameer in another topic.

The specs 7510 as described are as earlier described in my post 

I added more memory RAM and is now 32 GB
I also added a pci express M.2 Intel SSD 512 GB instead of a regular solid state of 256GB size

Installation went without any problem.

WORKING:
Intel HD Graphics 530 card working Vram memory 1536 MB.
Metal supported
HDMI port working
All 4 usb 3.0 ports working
Display port not tested yet
Audio working (except microphone).
Keyboard lightning working but brightness cannot be adjusted using keyboard keys.

NOT WORKING :
Internal microphone
Intel wifi bluetooth card inserted. Both not working ( Workaround usb wifi en bluetooth usb device) Suggestions for this?
Sleep not working properly , when screen is closed I have to open and close 2 or 3 times and then I have a screen again.
macOS 10.14.5 installed on laptop.
During boot system I get an error message ( picture included ).

It happened after update from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5
If there any solutions for the few errors feel free to tell me

Overall I am very pleased with this hackingtosh laptop
My goal to see if this laptop could be the successor of my MacBook Pro 2009 looks like a success.

Thanks for all previous tips.

Dell_Precision_7510-info.zip

• Moderators

post debug file

Intel wifi are not supported. Replace the device with a supported card like DW1560 or DW1830. 

From your files I see Azul FB loading issue which is strange, Azul FB is for Haswell HD4400/HD4600. Your system should have Skylake HD 530.

• Moderators

Incomplete info. Please follow instruction from link for debug file.

As for the recommended wifi devices, you'll need 4 kexts:

Lilu.kext

AirportBrcmFixup.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext  //use BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext if you want it cached in /L/E with BrcmPatchRAM2.kext