[SOLVED] E7450 DW1830 High Ping, extremely slow WiFi

haydenwhite

@Jake Lo , I have followed your guide for the e7450 before. This particular one has the following specs:

Intel Core i5-5300U

Intel HD 5500 Graphics

DW1830 WiFi/Bluetooth Card

8GB DDR3 RAM

I can't seem to get my wifi to work. I have searched dozens of previous posts and can't find anything. I am experiencing ping's of up to 14000 (tested in terminal), and when wifi does work it is is at most .5 mbps. This isn't just after sleep, but all the time. Bluetooth, however, is working perfectly. I have attached problem reporting files. 

These Kext's are installed to EFI/Clover/kexts/other:

ACPIBatteryManager

AirportBrcmFixup

AppleAHCIPort

AppleALC

AppleBacklightFixup

ApplePS2Controller

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi

FakePCIID

FakeSMC

IntelMausiEthernet

Lilu

USBPorts-Exx50

WhateverGreen

then a thing called WhateverName

The following kexts are installed to L/E:

ASC6x

ArcMSR

ATTOCelerityFC8

ATTOExpressSASHBA2

ATTOExpressSASRAID2

BrcmFirmwareRepo

BrcmPatchRAM2

CalDigitHDProDrv

DisableTurboBoostBattery

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFI

FakePCIID

HighPointIOP

HighPointRR

PromiseSTEX

SoftRAID

Also, the battery life doesn't seem very long and I have a 40wh battery and the laptop is also running a bit hot, however, my main concern is one the WiFi right now.

debug_25858.zip

Wow, I am feeling kind of stupid now because that seemed like a pretty easy fix. Now, do you know if any of those kexts I listed were unneeded? Do you know anything about the battery life, getting multi-touch gestures to work, or a slightly longer boot time?

• Moderators

I take it that that fixed the issue?

Yes, all those kexts are necessary except BroadcomWiFiInjector.kext you had added in /S/L/E. That can be remove.

You want to add longer boot time? Change the timeout from 0 to whatever you prefer in the Config file.

Multi-touch, currently you should have 2 fingers scrolling and tab to drag, but that's about it. The current Alps kext doesn't work well for this system.