High Sierra on G56 100SA?

12nr1981

Ladles and Jellyspoons.

I own few older laptops HP G56 100SA being one of them. Its not the most modern hardware ever (warning: understatement of the century) but I believe that it can still do great things.

Specs: https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c02636004

I am a Windows / Linux user. I can handle the penguin ok. I've been playing with High Sierra on my broken / EFI hacked Macbook pro (15 inch / early 2011) and even tho the AMD graphic chipset is dead I am running everything on the Intel hd 3000 graphics and it does... OK.

I would like to try putting High Sierra on HP G56 100SA.

So far I have a 16 gb pendrive (Sandisk), I have downloaded the .app files for both High Sierra and Mojave using dosdude1 patchers. I have created the High Sierra using the command line and I have installed the Clover V2.4 r4895 on the USB drive using the "AMD settings" (attached) which I have compiled after watching dozens of YouTube videos and reading some hackintosh related manuals / how-to's.

Pendrive has been formatted using the Mac OS Extended / GUID.

I am not using Uni or Multi - just pure Clover. I have installed it using settings that are visible on the attached screenshot.

1391286545_ScreenShot2019-03-26at20_56_04.png.1e4766fbadafbd5ba770d010001c7936.png

I am also attaching the config.plist - renamed to and archived as amd.config.plist.7z

What am I trying to achieve?

1) Have fun.

2) Meet some hackintosh people.

3) Gain some hackintoshing experience

4) Maybe actually get this project to work.

Its a fun project. My life doesn't depend on it and if I won't be able to do it - world will not collapse.

What does my progress look like? Well... pale 😂

During my journey so far I have managed to figure out why my USB installer won't boot to clover and I've managed to get to a many +++++++++ signs. After that on some laptops I got to the "stop" sign, on some of them laptop reboots right after the ++++++ chars, on G56 100SA the laptop either freezes (or just halts). I am attaching screenshots.

IMG_4958.thumb.JPG.7757936d15ba256bebda4bd355008904.JPG

IMG_4959.thumb.JPG.66d9751e05da142b91b5bbeed2bbe9d8.JPG

IMG_4960.thumb.JPG.be246815cc171e95b046269619509d37.JPG

In any case I am unable to reach installer, not mentioning finalizing the installation. Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong? Everything? Allllrighty then 😉.

"Tell me Gandalf, what I must do now?"

Thanks in advance! Also in advance I apologize for the late replies. They try to work me to death and I find myself having less and less time recently although this _should_ change soon (TM).

Kind regards.

AndrzejL

P.S. Why did I mentioned "other laptops" at the beginning of this post? Well - because maybe the laptop I chose to do this project is not the greatest for this purpose.

I own:

1) Acer Aspire 8930G

2) Dell Inspiron 1545

3) Compaq CQ60 218EM

If you would be interested in helping me but you would prefer me to use one of the 3 laptops mentioned above for best results - give me a shout and I may start another topic.

Oh yeah - and the black bars on my screenshots are for your protection. Long story short - glossy screen, ugly mug, lots and lots of "OH NO MY EYES!"

• Administrators

Your link to HP specs indicate an AMD based computer so it needs special attention since OS X/macOS does not natively support AMD platforms. These usually require a specific modified kernel.

NB: There can be no HD3000 on an AMD platform... Or maybe you posted incorrect specs.

Hi Dude,

Thanks for your reply.

I will have to look into the AMD specific kernel thing. Any good links / pointers?

The HD3000 is unrelated to this project - its the card I am running on my broken Macbook Pro.

Thank you again for your interest in this topic.

Cheers.

AndrzejL

P.S. Also messing with the Acer Aspire 8930G and I feel really good about this one as its intel based. Cheers.