Realtek RTS525a SD Card Reader (Latitude 7480) - possible to use under mojave?

philstopford

This seems to be a RealTek device, showing under RP01@1C/IOPP/PXSX@0

01:00.0 (null) [ff00]: RealTek Semiconductor Co. Ltd, (null) [10ec:525a] (rev 01) (subsys 1028:07a0)

I hunted around and wasn't available to discover an option to enable this, so thought I'd ask just in case.

Just to report back. I tried the pre-built kexts and then built the extension from source. The info plist shows the model reported in my machine, but the SD card is not detected, although the extension is loaded in the kernel.

That matches some other feedback in the forum and elsewhere, so I guess I'm at an end for now on this part of things.

So it suddenly started working today. I built the module from the github source and installed it under both CLOVER/kexts/10.14 and also under /L/E

Not sure if both locations were needed. In case it's useful, I could attach the kext here, but I'm not sure if that's against the rules. It's simple enough to pull the github repository and build in Xcode, though.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:27 AM, Jake Lo said:

Limited support found here but development seems to have stopped.

I'm in touch with Philippe. He has suggested that he would be willing to do some contract work on it. I'm trying to find out what that would involve. Just as information.