Mac OS X Mountain Lion

JawhnL5

Well, it looks like Apple is ready to release another version of Mac OS. It's called Mac OS X Mountain Lion (Mac OS 10.8), and it has been said to be released by Summer of 2012. Mac OS X Mountain Lion looks like Mac OS X Lion, but with added features included those of iOS, like the Game Center, iMessages, Notification Center, Reminders, and Notes.

The thing is, should we upgrade?

Well, no, not really. I mean, Mountain Lion is okay, but really now, it's only worth upgrading if you want your computer to be more like an oversized iOS device. Personally I am going to stay with Lion. It isn't really worth the upgrade to me, but other people may feel different.

Another thing that will be interesting to see is that if they are going to make more attempts at putting a stop to Hackintosh, in this, Dell Latitudes. I am going to hope that they don't make any major changes to the kernel or kexts that Lion uses. If this is the case, Mountain Lion should run as good as Lion, but knowning Apple anything is possible.

So - what do you guys think of Mountain Lion? Is it good, bad, or even horrible! Let me know what you think.

• Administrators

Hi,

Its both good and bad.

Our team have just started testing it.. and while it holds many secrets and nice new features - then on the sad side - Apple have dumped support for a lot of models.. with in terms.. could be the end of the D series.. but lets wait and see.. we have been surprised before :)

Hi,

I have 10.7.3 Lion running pretty nicely on a Latitude D820 (Nvidia) - thanks to this site!

What makes you guys suspect that Mountain Lion wouldn't work on the D series? (I'd like to stay up-to-date with the newest OS so that I can install the latest Xcode versions when they come out...)

-Rick

• Administrators

Hi,

I have 10.7.3 Lion running pretty nicely on a Latitude D820 (Nvidia) - thanks to this site!

What makes you guys suspect that Mountain Lion wouldn't work on the D series? (I'd like to stay up-to-date with the newest OS so that I can install the latest Xcode versions when they come out...)

-Rick

Apple removed support for GMA950 and x3100 graphic cards.. we are doing experiments now..

I got ML booted on D430, but without graphics accl.

None of the apps. wants to start, instead they throw an kernel_cl plugin error.. i reggon its because apple have tied OpenCL into kernel api for applications... - meaning - no accelration = no fun :)

I just got it installed on my D620 intel GMA 950 using a macbookpro6,1 in SMBIOS (no video acceleration. . .YET!)

also I have to use an external mouse and keyboard, disable one core and there's no sound! But the internet works and so do all the apps. . .

I had to make a custom USB job with Chameleon 1280, used xfail1.1 to copy Lion files and ran EDP3 with defaults to copy over

:rolleyes:

ml1.png